Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

God Bless Nebraska! 

(And anyone who comes within 10 feet of Lincoln during the 4th of July!)



MIRACLES! 
Sharyce and her two children (Taijaon age 11 and Syriana age 9) are going to be baptized THIS SATURDAY! OH my heavens it is so exciting! They are so happy and so ready! I cannot wait! They have come to church every Sunday and they are so stoked. The spirit in their family is so strong and the ward already loves them to death. Her 7 kids basically double our primary, so everyone is really happy! I am so grateful that the Lord has let me see His hand in each of their lives, and in bringing their family joy and peace. I cannot wait to see them enter the waters of baptism and continue to bring themselves closer to Christ. Their joy is so real, and so is my joy in seeing them. This work is remarkable. Oh and this Sunday was fast Sunday....and let me tell you, there is nothing more difficult than trying to fast when 7 children pull out a pizza lunchable and eat it right in front of yo face. I have never wanted a lunchable so bad in my existence...haha but I focused on what I was fasting for and it was all worth it in the end. 
Sabrina and Sister Smith at the Zoo on the 4th

Also this week I was able to run into a lady while we were bike contacting and speak to her in Spanish. When we realized she didn't speak English I went to tell her goodbye and all the sudden I started spouting of some words in Spanish! Like what? Haha I have not a clue what I said. But I could understand her very well! She started telling me about how she believed in God, but didn't go to church and how she cleaned office buildings for a living and how she was frustrated her husband never wanted to have kids. It was nuts. By the end of our like 15 minute conversation she had practically asked me to send the Spanish elders to her home to talk about God. I hope she accepts the gospel, I know it could bring her such peace, haha especially if someone who spoke coherent and understandable Spanish sat down with her and testified of the truthfulness of this gospel. We got to end with a prayer and the spirit was strong. 
Sabrina and comp with a New Convert

Ok, so my favorite miracle of the week came in the form of a 21 year old named Cara! So backstory, the only active laurel in our ward is named Amelia, and she is amazing. Seriously amazing. She is the only member of her family and has been through more than I can even imagine, but she is so strong. We go out with her all the time and she is the raddest girl in the world. She is the one that sent you all of the 4th of July pictures Mama! Anyway, she works at Noodles and Company and Cara is her coworker. One day they got talking about God and the Holy Spirit, and Amelia, the incredible missionary she is, bore her testimony about all of that and about Joseph Smith! Then she invited Cara to meet with us. Let me just say that ward member missionary work is pure gold! Holy heavens this girls was so prepared. She is going to college here in Nebraska, and we had the opportunity to teach her in Amelia's home with Amelia! The spirit was tangible, I swear it, and we all got emotional. We testified about the Restoration and the Atonement and she kept saying "I feel it." and "I need this." Which just made the whole experience more and more powerful. From the moment I met her I loved her with my whole hear, and I can just picture her being baptized and changing her life. I can see her being so happy, and through Christ she can get there. 

Miracles miracles! 

Sabrina with Max's designed 4th of July package.

Anyway, I believe it is my duty, as an American, to share with you the joys of Nebraska on the 4th of July. So prepare yoselves..... 
HOLY LINCOLN. God bless Nebraska, You'd better believe we are proud to be Americans, because WE ARE. The last 2 days have been a literal war zone. I kid you not. I don't think any fireworks here are illegal...or atleast no one listens to the law if they are, so all day and night on July 3rd and 4th people were lighting up the sky. It sounded like we were being attacked from every angle. My bed frame shook all night, and I got NO SLEEP. Haha I have never experienced anything like that in my life. I live amongst a bunch of hoodrats! Haha but it was quite an exciting night. America is such a nutty place....but I wouldn't want to be born and raised ANYWHERE else. Proud to be here, proud to love it :).
Also I made this fantastic purchase yesterday! (Pictured below..) Hehe let me know if you like it!
What does a Mom say about this. haha!

I am so blessed. 
This week in District meeting we had a lesson on faith. We read Daniel 3:15-18 and talked about what faith really is. These verses tell the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego when they are about to be thrown in the fiery furnace. They have great faith in the Lord, saying they will not be destroyed by the flames, but that the Lord will protect them. However, the real testament of there faith is found in verse 18 with three words: "But if not" They believe they will be saved, but if not, they have the faith that the Lord will glorify them because when all is said and done, it is His will. 
Our real trials of faith come when we experience the "​But if not's." We must learn to trust God regardless of the outcomes. We must know that the Lord's will is mightier than ours, and His plan for us is better than our own plan for ourselves.
I hope we can all strive to have greater faith, even while we are facing those "But if not's" 
Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment