Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Friday, September 9, 2016

Fortune Cookies and Kung Pao chicken aren't even Chinese!!!
Alright let's just take a minute here....has my whole life been a lie?! Or am I just the only person who did not realize that American Chinese food was not as authentic as I hoped it was. Calvin informed me of that sad truth this week and I am still broken hearted. But I digress...I shall get over it someday!
Sabrina, Sister Smith and Calvin Hung

Ok this week has been a whirlwind, and I don't have a ton of time so this email will probably be short! Orrysay eoplepay! But I still love you all.

Sister Smith is absolutely incredible and as of yesterday is an STL! AHH I am so excited for her. She has been such a blessing to me and I cannot wait to see the miracles she performs in the lives of so many others. She will do wonders among the sisters in this mission, and I am so grateful that I got to be one of those sisters! Even just for a moment. Ok, but she is staying here in Lincoln and I am going to Omaha! WUT?! Yeah...literally the last thing I expected...but I will go where the Lord wants me to go!
I am going to the Choco Hills Ward and my new companion will be Sister Rook and I am already thrilled because I hear she is absolutely adorable! So woo hoo! I will be about 7 minutes from the mission home, which is exciting, and things are gonna be real different, haha but it will be wonderful! I leave tomorrow morning and Sister Smith and I spent like the entire night crying and laughing...so there's that. Girls are so strange. I will miss her so much! But I am glad that she is going to be an STL. She will be amazing....as I have already said.
Calvin Hung's baptism
Ok so miracles!
CALVIN HUNG WAS BAPTIZED EVERYONE! Oh my goodness I am just speechless. He was beaming the entire day and I have never seen anyone that happy, EVER. He is incredible. He bore his testimony after the ordinance and the spirit was so strong. He talked about how he knew there was a God because of all that he had given him, because of the Book of Mormon, and because of the church. I cannot believe I have to leave him. Ahh breaks my heart. But I know he will continue progressing and I cannot wait to see that! I feel like I am leaving my child behind or something...good grief missions are hard.
Next up Kenneth has not smoked in like a lot of days! And he came to church and he loved it! And he is set for the 17th of September. My oh my he is so ready. He reads the Book of Mormon with his heart instead of his head, and that is true desire. Phoebe and Tim are so eager and excited to help him. It is incredible. I cannot believe I have to leave them too. Rips my heart right out. :(  But I know that Phoebe and Tim will be sealed in the temple someday soon, and I will not miss that for the world.
Finally, our investigator Katherine and her three daughters came to church this Sunday and it was such a surprise to have them there! They stayed all three hours and Katherine claimed she really loved it. We got a discouraging text from her later on Sunday night and we went right over to her home to address her concerns. She began sobbing telling us all of the horrors she had heard about the church and how her life seemed to be falling apart since she stopped reading the Book of Mormon.  We bore our testimonies, testified of the Savior and Book of Mormon, comforted her, and then came back Monday night to teach her. The spirit during the lesson was strong and she said that she knew this was good, she knew this was right, and that if it wasn't the Lord would have already led her astray. She has such faith and courage! She said she wants to continue meeting with us and accepted baptism on September 24th. I know that she can get there if she turns to the Lord to help her through. This really is His work, and my testimony of that grows every single day. I am lucky to be a part of it.

Funnies:
Alright team, let's start praying that my new comp knows how to parallel park because heaven knows (along with the entire UNL campus) that I cannot!!! OH MY GOODNESS. I tried a good 12 times before Sister Smith opened the door and pushed me out of the drivers seat! Haha but I gave it a good effort.

Calvin's baptismal suit was a little large and he walked out of the changing room, looked at us, looked at the suit, then back at us, and said "I feel as if I am a Kung Fu master" Haha then he made the strangest face and did some like karate kick, punch combination. It was a wonderful way to bring the spirit in hahaha
P.S. I had the best burger and chocolate shake of my life! MY LIFE. Feast your eyes suckers....
Do not worry...some day we will come back here and you will all get to try it.

Also I inhaled a mosquito the other day. I almost died. But it's ok. I am still breathing now...and I think the mosquito suffered worse than I did. So ha!

Spiritual thought:
I read this quote the other day and I just think it sums up life really well. I don't have much to add because it is SO good.
"You make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give." Sometimes that is easy to forget...but it's so true. The Savior lived the perfect life, and all He did was give. I think we could all work on giving a little more.

LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment