Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

God answers SPECIFIC prayers


OLO?! Oh wait...Hello!

lol :)

(I hope you all get that reference and if not I am not coming home...ever)


Sabrina and District with President and Sister Gardner
Miracles:

We had one of the coolest miracles this week!
So during zone conference and MLC our mission president began encouraging us to pray more specifically, because we know that when we pray specifically we get specific answers! So this week, we prayed specifically to find a family with a daughter named Lucy. And that prayer was answered!
We were going to try a potential investigator around noon on Saturday and as we were driving down the street I saw a little girl in a window and felt prompted to turn around and go talk to them. We turned around, parked the car, prayed, and walked to their door. The father (Justin) was outside doing yard work and as we walked up to him he immediately shut us down and tried to turn us away. As we were talking his daughter came outside and began to sing and dance and seek all the attention she could, as any two year old would. We asked her what her name was and her father told us her name was Lucy. My heart skipped at least 3 beats. I KNEW this was the family that we had prayed for, and that Heavenly Father had led us to them. We shared with him a brief Restoration and asked if he had read the Book of Mormon and he got really contentious and asked if we wanted to debate about it. We told him we did not, but that we simply have been called of God to share a message about families. His heart began to soften, and he apologized for being so rude and we continued to testify. He saw that we were holding both the Book of Mormon and the Bible and he asked about it. We were able to testify to him that we know both are true and that both hold the word of God! Again his heart was softened. He accepted a Book of Mormon and committed to read it. I am not sure what will happen, but I know that Heavenly Father prepared a way for us to at least plant a seed, and someday that family will have the opportunity to fully hear the message of the Restored Gospel and choose for themselves to accept it.
Sabrina, Sister Bryson and Wayne
Also this week Wayne committed to stop drinking coffee and he is now two days coffee free! Oh my goodness he is the greatest man. He came to church yesterday and stayed all three hours again and just soaked it up. He is set to be baptized on March 11th, so keep him in your prayers. I know he can reach that date!

And Kesha and Mike and their two little boys also came to church this week. I cannot express the joy I felt sitting next to a family preparing to receive the message of the restored gospel. My heart sang and I don't think anything or anyone could have wiped that smile off my face. The excitement was contagious, and the whole ward is eager about this new family! We are going to set Mike for baptism tonight, so keep that in  your prayers as well.


Funnies:

Sabrina & Sister Bryson
I think if you all were to watch my life currently you would think the entire thing is funny. I thought 9 months into my mission I would sort of have a clue about what I am doing. I have no idea. But I try my best!

Oh we prayed specifically for a family with a red truck this week and we felt prompted to go to an area that had like 7 red trucks. We were SO excited. We tried every door and every single person slammed the door in our face. Haha it definitely was a trial of faith! And the best part about it was that I studied trials of faith that morning....Heavenly Father truly does prepare us every day if we study the scriptures and say our prayers! That is for sure.


Spiritual thought:

I heard this quote from a Christian philosopher in church yesterday and I thought I would share it because it really put things into perspective for me.

"Life must be understood backward. But...it must be lived forward."
- Soren Kierkegaard

I think sometimes in life we let the past keep us from living the future. The beauty of the gospel is that Christ did not suffer the Atonement to hold us back, but to propel us forward. His grace is sufficient. His mercy is enough. His love is endless.


I love you all! So, so much.

xoxo,
Sister Bengtzen




No comments:

Post a Comment