Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

One Week Down!

HEY Y'ALL! (Just practicing my Nebraskan...)

How are my people?! I hope everyone is doing well and that each of  you knows you are so loved, because you are! Also shout out to Jakey because I got your email. Shout out to Shae Mod because your birthday is this week! Woot! And shout out to the rest of the fam because I love you all WAY TOO MUCH. Oh and shout out to Bugs because I got your email and I think hammocking and playing the ukulele is a fantastic way to spend the summer.
Before I start telling you about my experiences here in the MTC there is one thing we gotta get out of the way first.... 
I heard my boy Steph got us through and that the Cavs are playing the Warriors in the final! Holla! (I really hope that is true and it wasn't just some sick joke the Elders played on me...)
Now that that is out of the way I figured it would be fun for me to tell you some of the highlights of the MTC. Although the first few days were a little rough, the experience has been so great, and I am so happy to be here and to be doing what I am doing! Life is so good! And it's better for everyone to focus on the positive.

HIGHLIGHTS 

- My companion's name is Sister Deppe and she is THE BEST. She is from Syracuse, Utah and has epilepsy...which scares me a little bit, but she is really independent and has a powerful testimony. My district is great and we have fun together and we work hard! They love video games and Dr. Who, and HATE to exercise...so sometimes it is a stretch to relate to them! But we are finding things in common! And I genuinely do love them all! They are here for the right reasons and they want to be the best missionaries they possibly can.
 
 - I have a top bunk, which is rad, and I feel like a ninja every time I jump off of it, so that's pretty exciting. But last night I tried to jump off and slipped and face planted on the carpet. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a LONG time....lol.

- One of the best parts of the MTC is exercise time. I found this group of Elders from Kirabess (not a clue how to spell that one) that are going to the Philippines, and a Tongan Sister going to Alabama. We started playing volleyball and it has gotten to be quite intense! Haha it is one of my favorite parts of the day! 

- THE SPIRIT HERE IS SO STRONG. And so powerful! Everyone is so happy and so encouraging. I swear the MTC motto is: "Just Make it to Sunday!" And that is pretty accurate, but the spirit makes even the toughest days some of the best days! 

- They have a baked potato bar in the cafeteria. PRAISE HEAVEN. I think they knew that I was coming because that is my jam. 

- Another one of the best things about the MTC is seeing people you know. I got to see Lucy Gouchnour, Elise Peterson, Maggie Wilkinson, Sophie Wilcox, Nick Wright, Dallas Damaron, and a slew of others. They definitely made me feel more at home and were an answer to prayers. 

- Also we had this dressing and grooming meeting on Sunday and this lady got up to speak and I swear on my life she was Dolly Parton. I could not even focus on what she was trying to say. Haha and then she went off on this rant about moonflowers...I was so confused.

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT 

I am real short on time, so I gotta wrap this up, but before I do I think it is only appropriate to share somethin' spiritual. 
Since coming to the MTC my testimony of prayer has sky rocketed. I know that the Lord answers every single prayer we give if we are sincere and truly intent. In my study a few days ago I came upon Matthew 6:8 which reads "Your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him." And I know that that is true. I testify that Heavenly Father knows us all individually and personally and that he is aware of what we need. Often times he pours out blessings upon us even when we aren't looking for them or when we don't realize we need them. I have had so many little experiences here at the MTC that have solidified this knowledge. People I have met, messages that have been shared, even funny moments that have occurred have come at exactly the right time, and I know it is no coincidence. 
I am amazed at the incredible people who work here at the MTC, or who are called here to help us as missionaries. They have an instant love for the work and for each of us, and they are so inspiring. I wish I could tell each of them thank you for all they have done for me, but I'm sure the joy and peace they feel from being here is thanks enough. 
God is great. This truly is his work, and he is in every aspect of it. I never thought I would be feeling the spirit while doing laundry or be overwhelmed by it while taking out the trash, but I thought wrong! 

I love you all so much and I hope you are having the best week! Know that my prayers are with you! 

xoxo,

Sister Bengtzen

Pictures:
 1) My zone at the temple during our Sunday walk. Most of us are going to the states, and all of us are speaking English. All of them are super awesome and work hard! 
2) My comp (Sister Deppe) and I 
3) DONUTS. Best meal I have had yet  
4) My comp and I lookin' real good on the way to do laundry
5) The sisters in my District (aka the sisters I live with)




No comments:

Post a Comment