Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Friday, June 10, 2016

WE GOING TO NEBRASKA!

I cannot believe that my time here in the MTC is pretty much over. I guess that is one of the perks of speaking English..haha But in all honesty I have loved my time at the MTC and I am really grateful for all that I have learned and experienced while being here. 
 packages from home

Oh and before I forget shout out to Amelia Mae for getting her mission call to Paraguay! You will be INCREDIBLE! Also shout out to Megan Roberts because her birthday is tomorrow (you old woman...) and shout out to Aubsy because her womb day is next week! Oh and also a HUGE thank you to Briana for the package! And Grandma also! Brie your cookies were delicious...but Grandma takes the cake. She sent me a whole batch of her famous heaven sent squares of deliciousness and nothing compares to that. Needless to say my entire district loves my entire family! So thank you for being so amazing!!!! And Brie I hope everything is going well with Arthur! I cried looking at all those cute pictures! I hope some day my babies compare...(I know Jake's have no hope...lol) 
JK!!!

national donut day

Some highlights of the week:

- I spilled mustard on my skirt, but me being the prepared missionary I am carry around a tide pen, so I felt like a boss walking around with a clean skirt on while all the Elders who joined me in eating that delicious double bacon burger looked like dweebs with stains on their shirts. 
- I bought a shirt with the state of Nebraska on it. HOLA. Just wait till y'all see me wear it. You will be jealous. 
- Elder Bednar came and spoke to us on Tuesday, and my goodness it was one of the most incredible talks I have EVER heard in my life. I felt like he was talking directly at me. His address was entitled "one by one" and he talked all about how the Lord needs us to meet certain people at certain times, and how callings are just a means of getting us there. There is someone who needs all of us in each of our assigned mission, and our focus should be on finding a one. In 3 Nephi 11 and 3 Nephi 17 it talks about Christ letting the people feel his wounds "one by one" and Christ blessing the children "one by one". That is the character of Christ. He does things one by one, and invites each of us to come unto Him one by one. I know that he knows me personally, and I know without a doubt he knows the rest of you personally as well. He is in your life, you are A ONE! And I cannot wait to spend the next 18 months, and hopefully the rest of my life finding ones, and inviting them to come unto Christ. His talk really gave me perspective. There are people in Nebraska waiting for me, ones that only I can reach, and by gosh I am going to find them.
- Ok, but one of the best parts of the devotional was the fact that I got to sing in it! Because the MTC choir is like the coolest thing to be a part of. Anyway, what made it so remarkable is the fact that the song we sung was a song written by Elder Bednar entitled...you guessed it..."One by One". And it was the debut performance of the song! (It'll be released in the New Era next month I think...) The spirit was overwhelming while we were singing, and overwhelming the entire meeting. It is incredible to sit and watch an apostle walk into a room and feel the change in spirit. It was a feeling I don't think I will ever be able to put into words, but I knew that the Lord was with him, and that he loved each of us and wanted us to feel Christ's love through him. He walked with such grace, and you could tell that his life has been devoted to finding ones, all over the world. I think sometimes we take for granted how much we are guided and directed by the prophets and apostles. They speak directly to us from God. That is something no other church has, or will ever have. 
- On a different note, because we went to choir we had to skip dinner on Tuesday, so I resorted to pizza pockets and a cliff bar in the room. Probably the worst meal I have ever had, and I already endured an entire year of college....so that is saying something! Oh and the worst part about it was that the stinking pizza pockets
 were "boiling lava hot" (I hope at least Dad catches on to my hot pocket reference) so I felt like I was breathing fire after eating each one. UNREAL. 
District in stripes

I hope you all know that you are loved, and that miracles are happening in your life every single day. I guess since coming to the MTC I have become more sensitive to the miracles in my life, and I can promise you that there are many. God has not forsaken us, and he never will. 
District at the Temple
I LOVE YOU ALL! And the next time you hear from me I will be in Nebraska! OMAHECK!!! 
Wish me lots of luck, and know that you're in my prayers! 
I'm gonna find me some "ones"!

xoxo, 

No comments:

Post a Comment