Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Phoebe and Tim y'all...they did it!
Miracles:
PHOEBE AND TIM WERE BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! Oh my heavens team, it was the most spiritual and sacred experience I have had thus far on my mission. After some minor setbacks, and some crazy spiritual guidance everything got going, and it was absolutely wonderful. After Tim and Phoebe got dressed they each walked out of the dressing room at the same time. The Elders were behind Tim and Sister Smith and I were behind Phoebe. It was like a little army of righteousness all gearing up to go into battle! Tim took one look at Phoebe and instantly lit up! In his slurred and broken English he said, "Hey good lookin' you look good in white." Now if that isn't enough to melt your heart I do not know what is. I was choking back tears from that moment on. It was one of the most well attended baptisms the ward has supposedly seen. Everyone loves Phoebe and Tim so much and all were excited to see their special day. President and Sister Gardner even came and it was so wonderful to have them there! I wish I could describe to you the day it was...but I don't have the words. Let's just say it is a day I will never forget! Sister Smith and I knelt and watched each of them as they entered the water and we just cried together. What a miraculous work this is, and how blessed we are to be a small, small part of it. Yesterday Phoebe and Tim received the Holy Ghost, and that was also wonderful. They both stood and walked to the front of the chapel with their heads held high and their hearts full. The spirit again was strong, and the love in that room was enough to fill the whole world!
Tim and Phoebe's Baptism

In other news Calvin Hung (Kong) is doing incredible. He also told me that he thinks I have a perfect Chinese accent and should go study in China for the rest of my existence...so I might just have to look into that. He came to the baptism this week and is just thrilled for his own! September 4th is the plan! He continues to amaze us each day with his insight and his trust. This week the Elders brought him a Chinese Book of Mormon and a Korean one as well. He texted us and told us that it was a sign God knew him because he wants to learn Korean as his third language! Haha what a guy!!! Last night he sent us a text that just hit me hard. He said "I cannot express words of gratitude for your gospel." To which we reminded him it isn't ours, it is Jesus Christ's. And he simply responded  "thank you". Ahh his heart is so ready. His whole soul is ready! And I cannot wait to see the asset he becomes to this ward and this church!

Another mini miracle of the week came in the form of our Burmese investigator Henry! We met with him Saturday night and testified that if he read the Book of Mormon and prayed sincerely  he would have a desire to come to church on Sunday.  Well Sunday morning came and sure enough he texted us asking for a ride. He has denied coming to church for 3 weeks!!! And he is just progressing and growing. He loved church, and turns out he works with our ward mission leader! Like wut?! God works in incredible ways! Calvin and him became like instant buds, so that was hilarious.

Funnies:

Calvin is the funniest human I have ever met in my existence. No joke. So here are some Calvin quotes for your enjoyment:
"Elder Pacheco and you sisters have taught me a very valuable English word. 'LOL'. I am glad I can now text like an American"
"Ahh ok! I get it. Celestial Kingdom. I will see you there, dang it."
*Henry talking about becoming a billionare and Calvin turns to him, shakes his hand, and says "Do not forget me."
"How does everyone in this church know who I am?? Am I famous?"


Also this week we had zone conference which was incredible by the way, and we played softball after which was a blast! Hehe but I told everyone that Sister Smith was a remarkable softball player and played varsity in high school and almost played college. Hehe they all believed me and she was less than thrilled. "I want Sister Smith on my team!!!!!" Yeah....she is still working on forgiving me for that one.
 Rocking it for softball

Spiritual thought:
So this week we went to see a less active named Starr and we immediately knew something was wrong when we walked into her home. After a minute she proceeded to tell us all of these horrible things that were happening in her family and with her daughter and she started to cry. We sat and we listened and we asked questions and we so eagerly tried to help. Before I knew it 45 minutes had flown by and we had to leave. As we walked outside an overpowering feeling came over me. It was as if during those 45 minutes nothing else on planet earth mattered except for Starr, and quite literally my only purpose was to help her. I thought about that for a minute, and then instantly thought of our Heavenly Father and his love. I knew that what I had felt in that lesson was just a small portion of what he feels for us every moment of every single day. He wants nothing more than to help us, then to encourage us, strengthen us, and see us happy. What a gift it is to know that! Because not many people do. I hope you all know that I love you...but your Heavenly Father loves you millions of times more, and his whole work and glory is to bring you back to Him.
Dinner with President and Sister Gardner... YUM!

Have a wonderful week! I miss you all, but I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be! LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!

xoxo,
Sister Bengtzen


No comments:

Post a Comment