Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Gratitude and Gravy...that's what it's all about!

Sabrina and Sister Rook
Miracles: 

Y'all are never gonna believe this, but you should because this is Heavenly Father's work and he has power to do all things! Kelly and Dave committed to live the Word of Wisdom this week and gave us all of their cigarettes.!!! WOO HOO! When we went over on Tuesday to visit them we committed them to live it and the spirit was so strong. Dave described these feelings of just pure joy and eager excitement and we were able to help him recognize that that was the spirit. He was so thrilled that he was worthy enough to feel it. The following day two members of our ward went with us and gave each of them a priesthood blessing. The spirit was heavy as one of the members bore testimony of the power of the priesthood, and Kelly and Dave were so calm and simply happy. The feeling in their home has changed leaps and bounds since we first knocked on the door. They are preparing to be baptized in January! 

So the family we have been doing service for, Shannon and Richard Tinnell, and their two sons, came to church on Sunday! HUGE MIRACLE! One of the members that spoke mentioned a priesthood blessing and Shannon immediately turned to me and asked if she could receive one. So last night, we had a very sweet experience with our bishop and YM president as they gave both Shannon and Richard powerful blessings. They say they are "comfortable" with the church they attend, but they want to learn more. They need prayers. More than anyone I have ever known. So please send prayers their way. I know that they will recognize the blessings of the gospel if they just have faith and experiment upon the word....they are one of the most tight knit loving families I have ever met. They have gone through trial after trial together, and still they continue. They need this.

Ok, last but not least, Jacob and Kortney! Jacob came to church with our investigator Chris last week and we finally had the opportunity to teach them last night. We boldly testified of the Restoration and they accepted the invitation to be baptized. As we read Moroni's promise I could literally see the light in their eyes as they realized they could know this for themselves. That Heavenly Father didn't want us to just tell them what was right and what was wrong, but that they could personally ask him and receive an answer! They are the cutest younger couple...not married (yikes) but they have such faith. I can't wait to see their relationship with our Heavenly Father and Savior grow. 

Also Phyllis and Richard are doing swell. Richard still hasn't come to church yet, but he will get there! 

Funnies: 

Here is a joke... 

Where was Noah when the lights went out? In d'ark

Hehe ok one more...

Did Eve ever have a date with Adam? No, it was an apple 



Spiritual Thought: 

I have been thinking a lot about gratitude this week, obviously because Thanksgiving is coming up! But I was reading about the Savior's ministry and something struck me. When Jesus Christ performed the miracle of the loaves and the fishes, the first thing he did was give thanks. (Matthew 15:36)
 He simply gave thanks. Thousands of people were hungry, he only had 7 loaves and 3 fishes, he was exhausted, his disciples were frustrated, and the first things he did was simply give thanks and trust in Heavenly Father to do the rest. Sometimes I am slow to give thanks....all the time I am slow to give thanks. I pray that I can learn to remember that, not only during this Thanksgiving season, but always. I pray the same for you. 

I hope all of you eat lots of turkey and stuffing and rolls and potatoes for me! Know that I love you and I am beyond grateful that Heavenly Father put you in my life. 
I LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU! 

- Sister Bengtzen

P.S. We took Miguel to the trail center this week and passed him off to the Spanish Elders! They promised they would keep us updated. He is the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment