Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Friday, December 2, 2016

He is THE light
So Nebraska all the sudden got cold...what the heck?? 

 My Micronesian Mama
Miracles: 

Kelly and Dave had a relapse, but that is OK because the Atonement is REAL. They have been busy because of Thanksgiving, so we will see them this week and I will have a better update for y'all next week. Before I left on my mission I saw it as such a sacrifice, 18 months away from my family and my friends and my life, and although those things are hard, I realize that it is a much greater blessing than any sacrifice I could imagine. But seeing how much Kelly and Dave are sacrificing and changing for this gospel is very humbling. I tend to get impatient when people don't keep commitments because I know just how much this gospel can change their lives and help them, but I need to recognize that for some it is a BIG change, and it requires time and a whole lot of patience. So that was a small miracle for me...recognizing that I need to be patient. I needed to be humbled. And I need to keep on loving and inviting. 

We met a family this week and they are incredible! The Ritonya family. The mother is form Peru! That's right Jakey... Lima. Peru. SAY WHAT?! They are so stellar. At first we talked to the mother and her heart was really hard, we asked her about her family and her life and she kept wondering why we even cared. But slowly she began to open up to us and we had like 15 small opportunities to testify of Jesus Christ and how families can be forever. Then she jokingly invited her whole family into the room to listen to our message and expected us to be all embarrassed or flabbergasted. Welp! Not us! We were stoked! We started with a prayer and the spirit just flooded in. We shared the message of the Restoration with their entire family and told them that this was the way that they could be together forever. It was so incredible to see each of their countenances change. We committed all of them to read the Book of Mormon and to pray together and individually. We are going back to see them tomorrow night with a member and I just cannot wait! 

Richard and Shannon and their kids are doing well! They didn't come to church yesterday because it was "too different" so we are going to see them this week and hopefully increase their faith and trust in Christ and in his restored gospel. I know they may not be ready right now, but we planted a seed, and someday I know it will be harvested. They are a wonderful family. They have such light, and I know someday they will recognize this is the only way to be together forever. 

Phyllis is feeding us Christmas dinner, so three cheers for that! I love her. SO MUCH! 

We haven't been able to see Jacob and Kortney because of the holiday, so hopefully we will see them this week and I will have an update for you next week. 

 Sabrina and Thanksgiving crew.


Funnies: 

I had an allergic reaction to a corn stalk this week...I know that sounds kind of sad, but really I promise it was funny! Plus it's corn...and I am in Nebraska...


Spiritual thought: 

Ok so first I want to start with a scripture. Ether 4:12 "And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good...For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world." I don't know if any of you have had the chance to look at the new video the church released for Christmas this year, but if you haven't, drop everything you are doing and go to mormon.org right this moment!! It is the best thing the church has ever done! Besides being Restored... 
Anyway, it is a Christmas initiative all focused on Christ being the light of the world, and as followers of him, we are a light to world as well. It gives us 25 different ways over 25 days that we can be a light to the world and invite others to come unto Christ. So go watch it, do it, share it! In an ever darkening world I am so grateful to know that the light in my life, Jesus Christ, is a light that can never be darkened. No matter how alone, or sad, or heartbroken, or unhappy I may feel I know that the Lord is with me. I know that his Atonement is there to help me. I know that there is something better. He is my light, He is THE light. 

I love you all and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, even though I wasn't there :) 

xoxo, 
Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment