Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, December 12, 2016


This is HIS work!

This week has been an INCREDIBLE one. I love being on a mission, I love being a missionary, I would not give it up for anything in the world! 
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree!
Miracles: 

Yesterday the Ritonya family came to church, well at least Lydia and Brad did, and they loved it! They want to come back!! And they want to bring their children. They both marveled at the feelings they felt, and were struck by how welcomed they were. It was so wonderful and so happy! It's been amazing to see how their understanding of who Christ is has grown, and in turn, how their desires to have a personal relationship with him has grown as well.

Angela also came to church and she stayed all 3 hours and participated. Plus she brought food and clothing to help feed anyone that was in need. SHE IS AMAZING. I know that Heavenly Father is preparing so many of his children to hear the restored gospel, but I truly believe she is ready right now! She is set for January 7th to be baptized with her 11 year old daughter and she loves so many things about the church, but more importantly she loves Christ and she is eager to come closer to him. She is a true joy! And a pure miracle. 

This week we also had two potential investigators (Louis and Dorrie) come to church and we are meeting with both of them this week. It was a trying week for me in a lot of ways, and I got REAL overwhelmed at one point, but I was reminded to take a step back and trust that this is the Lord's work, and He will take care of it. And of course He did. So many miracles, people are progressing, and lives are being touched! Including my own. I just love this work!  


Funnies: 

There was this spider that was hanging from a light in our apartment and I killed it with my shoes, but I am not sure if I actually hit it or just scared it. Nevertheless, I looked to see if it was on my shoe and it wasn't! Then I saw this small speck slowly plummeting to the floor...so either way I think it is dead. Complete silence filled the room. Then out of nowhere Sister Collins just quotes scripture: "Great was the fall thereof." I about died. I guess you know you are a missionary when you understand that reference and think it's funny. 

I told one of our members that Sister Collins is an elite fisher(wo)man and that she has trophies all over our apartment. He really bought it. Haha poor Sister Collins...I think she thinks I am crazy but she is too sweet to tell me that. I LOVE HER! 



Spiritual thought: 

This week I have been studying hope and in my Book of Mormon reading I have been studying about the signs of Christ's birth and his death. The passages about Christ's death portray a strong sense of darkness and despair, and I cannot even imagine what it must've been like to be on eaerth when He was crucified. However, as I was reading this week, and thinking about hope, I came upon a verse that struck me. 3 Nephi 10:10 "And the earth did cleave together again, that it stood; and the mourning, and the weeping, and the wailing of the people who were spared alive did cease; and their mourning was turned to joy, and their lamentations into the praise and thanksgiving unto the Lord Jesus Christ, their Redeemer." Even though that was the darkest 3 days the world has ever known, the earth came together again, sadness was turned to joy, and mourning became praise and worship. How hopeful that is! No matter how dark or dismal or dreary this lonely world may seem there is always hope. Through the restored gospel we know that Christ will come again. All the wrongs of this world will be made right, and all the destruction and chaos will turn to peace and perfection. How grateful I am for my Savior and my Redeemer, who promises me hope, even when things seem hopeless. 

I love you all very, very much! Keep on keeping on! 

- Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment