Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, May 8, 2017

DEER!





Miracles:

So this week our investigator Stacey (who is 18) has been facing a ton of opposition from her parents and from her friends, even the other friend that has been taking the lessons with her! But she has been reading the Book of Mormon every single day and reading multiple chapters a day and she has found so much strength in doing so! She is so solid and I am seriously so in awe of how the Savior has been in every detail of her life, and how she has so readily allowed him in. She will be baptized on Saturday May 20th and she CANNOT wait! So please, please, please keep her in your prayers as she faces these next few weeks, because we know they are going to be brutal! But also wonderful.

Also this week we got a call from a member in Broken Bow (a little town about an hour from us) and one of the members in the branch out there had a friend that was prepared to be taught! We are the closest missionaries to Broken Bow, so we have been traveling out there and teaching this sweet girl! She is 20 and her name is Kenna, and her heart is just chalk full of the most fertile soil the world has ever known! (Wow I think Alma would appreciate that reference). We invited her to be baptized and she simply said "Well of course I will be baptized if the Lord tells me to, why would I do anything less?" Haha sometimes I think we make the gospel so complicated, but Kenna seems to get it! Just like Nephi taught, we must go and what the Lord has commanded! So keep her in your prayers too!


Funnies:

So the other night we were driving back to Kearney from Broken Bow and it was REAL dark, so we had our brights on. Sister Church was driving and all of the sudden she slammed on the breaks and yelled "DEER!!" We were on exchanges, so all 4 of us sisters about had a heart attack and began frantically searching for this deer we were about to hit. After a few seconds I realized there wasn't a deer on the road, so I looked at Sister Church and she was just staring out her side window. "Where is this deer?!?" I said. She looked at me like I was a moron and said, "it's over there in the grass." "Well why the heck did you stop then?!" "Because I wanted to look at it."
Hahahahahaha that girl. Apparently there aren't very many deer in Arizona, so this whole thing is a foreign concept to her. Moral of the story is that we are all alive...including the deer.


Spiritual thought:

I don't have a ton of time, but I just wanted to share with you a quick scripture that I really love and have been pondering upon this week!

1 Nephi 1:1-Moroni 10:34

Just kidding! That's the whole Book of Mormon! Hahaha I kill myself. And Sister Church thinks I am funny too.


Love you all. Have the best week.

xoxo,

1 comment: