Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Thursday, May 25, 2017


A day for the eternities!


Last P-day together Sabrina and Sister Church

Wow, I cannot believe school is already ending again...and Bobsy is all grown up and graduating! Holy Toledos! (Side note: what is a Toledo?) Y'all better cheer extra loud when she walks across that stage because you know I will be cheering all the way from Kearney!!! Man everything seems crazy with y'all and I am happy for you! Keep on keeping on! 


So this week has been INCREDIBLE and there is so much to share, so hold onto your seats people! 

Miracles:

 Sabrina and Sister Church with Stacey at her baptism

Stacey got baptized on Wednesday!!! It was such an incredible day, I wish you all could've been there. She was so excited and the spirit was so strong. The ward was extremely supportive and it felt as if our little Relief Society room was going to burst at the seams. There were so many people there to love her and encourage her and I know that was true for both sides of the veil. She is a special girl and I know that she will save generations with her faithfulness. Before the program even began we sat waiting and I just listened to everyone happily chattering and giggling and I saw the light in Stacey's face and I just thought to myself, "this is what the gospel is all about." I am so grateful for the simple and profound moments that Heavenly Father has allowed me to have on my mission where the veil has been thin and the truth has been clear. My heart is just brimming with joy! But I must admit the sweetest part of the whole baptism was when Stacey stood to bear her testimony. She spoke with incredible power and authority and testified boldly that she KNEW this was Jesus Christ's church. She said she had prayed for weeks for her father and her brother to come and support her and unbeknownst to the rest of us they were there, in the crowd, beaming as she spoke. I know that Heavenly Father softened their hearts and I know that they were touched by the spirit. 

Another miracle that occurred at Stacey's baptism has nothing to do with Stacey, but everything to do with Kiara, her best friend! We were teaching her a few weeks ago, but she dropped us because she got busy and her mom is very against the church. We have been praying and fasting for her mother's heart to be softened and prayers sure are answered. After the baptism Kiara walked up to us and she looked at us with intense emotion on her face and said,  "My mom has given me her blessing to be baptized, and I think I am ready." I think my mouth dropped wide open! I could hardly believe what was happening. It was like I was on cloud 9 and someone showed me a secret staircase to cloud 10! God is the God of miracles, and so many occurred that day! It really was a day for the eternities! 

In other news, our investigator Kenna who was set to be baptized for this Saturday had a HUGE fight with her mother about the church and her mother is very disgruntled and resentful about her baptism. So Kenna's baptism is postponed for now, but I know Heavenly Father has the power to soften hearts, he did it for Kiara so He can do it for Kenna too! But please keep her in your prayers. Kenna really, really wants this and she is so ready. 
Sabrina with her new comp Sister Meik celebrating Sister Meik's b-day!


Funnies: 

So it rained a TON this week and here in Nebraska it doesn't rain cats and dogs...but it rains toads and frogs! LIKE NO JOKE! There were at least 17 toads and frogs in our window well one morning and they kept hurling themselves at the windows while we were studying. I am convinced they were trying to get in the house because they smelled the cinnamon cake I was making, but Sister Church and Sister Meik were convinced they were trying to escape certain death. So naturally we went into the garage and got a shovel and a rake and scooped them out. Well none of the dang frogs were being cooperative so we only saved 2! But the scriptures teach us that even saving one soul is great in the sight of God, so we felt accomplished. BUT THEN we went back that night and all of them were gone [insert eerie music here]. So I don't know where any of them went...and I am terrified they are going to end up in my shower any day now...


Spiritual thought: 

So Stacey was confirmed a member yesterday and Pam Morrow (our recent convert) bore her testimony. So it was a great meeting to say the least! But something Pam said really touched my heart and I wanted to share it with you all. But here's a little backstory first. About 3 years ago Pam suffered from acute alcohol poisoning and actually died for about 3 minutes. When she woke up she had lost ALL of her memory and had to re-learn everything...who her kids were, how to talk, how to eat, etc. So she has had quite a journey. But she said something so profound and it humbled me to the dust. 

She said, "A while ago I got really sick and couldn't walk for some time, but Heavenly Father blessed me with a cane, and I have the faith that someday I will walk without it."

I think as we go about our lives we are so quick to see the trials we face and the challenges we must overcome and we forget to see the little tender mercies of the Lord. Although Pam has been through so much more than I could even imagine she recognizes the small tender mercies of the Lord and she has HOPE that things will improve. I think about Nephi and how in the very first verse of the very first book of the Book of Mormon he states, "having seen MANY afflictions in the course of my days,NEVERTHELESS, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days...I make a record of my proceedings..." (1 Nephi 1:1) I challenge all of you this week to see the silver lining and to look for the tender mercies of the Lord as you face your day to day trials. And I will do the same! I have a firm testimony that God is more involved in our lives than we think He is, and I am so grateful for His outstretched hand. 

I love you all and I hope this week is a great one! 

xoxo, 
Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment