Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, June 19, 2017

ONE YEAR older and wiser too!




Hey team! Can you believe it is already almost JUNE?! I cannot...I still want to know what happened to April? 


Miracles: 

So Stacey is going to Girl's Camp this week and she is through the roof excited! I am so jealous, I wish I could go! Haha but I know that she will have a wonderful experience and I am so grateful for the programs the church has to help each of us along our way.

Also we committed Kenna last week to invite her Mom to a lesson and she did! So her mother came to our lesson this week and it was awesome. We answered so many of her questions and the spirit was strong. We invited her to read the Book of Mormon and she said she would, but she refused to accept the invitation to pray :( But we will keep working with her. I have great faith that the word of God will soften her heart and lead her to ask if it is really true. But the miracle of it all is that Kenna's mom gave her permission to continue taking the lessons! And Kenna is thrilled. She has incredible faith. Her family and friends have approached her again and again and again with Anti-Mormon material and she has confronted it prayerfully and patiently every single time. Her testimony is so strong and she has great resilience, so keep praying for that girl! 

Also this week I went on exchanges with Sister McPhee, a brand new missionary! We had the weirdest lesson of my life with this guy who kept saying Jesus and Peter and Paul were all part of a gang...but she just testified like mad and the spirit was there! It was so cool! And we have a return appointment! So that is exciting! 


Spiritual Thought: 

This week I was studying about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. So many people we run into every day talk about how they can worship God anywhere: at home, at school, or in the wilderness! Why do they need to go to church? 
Well I was pondering upon that and I ended up reading the story of the 10 lepers in Luke 17:12-19. In a sense all of us are like the 10 lepers. The Savior suffered for ALL of us and is willing to heal us ALL, just as he healed ALL the 10 lepers. Now I imagine the 9 lepers who didn't return to the Savior...I'm sure they were grateful! I am sure they yelled "hey thanks!!!" as they ran down the dirt road. And I am sure they spoke highly of their healer, and in a sense I think that's similar to most of the Christian world. But what's the difference between the 9 lepers and the 1? The 1 came back, fell at the Savior's feet and thanked Him PERSONALLY. That's what we have the opportunity to do at church every single Sunday. We partake of the sacrament, and by so doing we renew our covenants, thanking our Savior Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven PERSONALLY for all they have done.

So here's the quote for the week: "It is far better to follow the Creator than the crowd." - Elder Sabin. Choose to be the 1! 

I love you all loads and loads and loads! (of laundry that I still need to do....oops!)

xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment