Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

What happens in Walmart stays in Walmart

Sunset Kearney
Bobsy, so glad you are home safe! I am expecting pictures sometime...so get on that ;) Bugs I swear if you don't stop growing I will lose my marbles. Also Jake and Abby you look as adorable as ever. Thank you for your prayers! I feel them!

Miracles: 
Kenna (not her little girl)
So we have been working with our investigator Kenna for quite some time, and this week something remarkable happened! She has been wanting to be baptized for a few weeks, but her mother just isn't supportive and it has thrown a serious wedge into their relationship.  We decided on Thursday to fast and pray specifically that her mother's heart might be softened. We had an awesome lesson with her on Friday and she committed to pray about a specific date to be baptized. Today while we were grocery shopping we received a text from her and it said "Do you think July 22nd would be an ok day to be baptized?" To which we immediately responded "Absolutely!" She then proceeded to tell us that she talked to her parents and they aren't exactly on board with it, but they said they would come to her baptism, and she has decided to be baptized on July 22nd!!! I hope our fellow Walmart shoppers enjoyed my reaction because I was FREAKING OUT! Haha. What an incredible testimony to me of how Heavenly Father hears our prayers and how fasting really does bring down the powers of heaven. 

Also this week we haven't heard much from Brad, which is a bummer, but I am hoping it is just because he is busy with his new job! I really do know that Heavenly Father led us to him, and I am confident that he will continue to learn more about the gospel. 

Oh and on a side note, our recent convert Stacey is going on Trek this week, and she is SO excited! Haha I think when she first heard about the fact that we dress up as pioneers and walk for days she was a little hesitant, but she has jumped right in and I can't wait to hear about the experience she has. Also she gave a talk in church on Sunday and it was so sweet! As she spoke tears filled her eyes and it was evident that the words she was saying were directly from her heart. It is such a gift to see someone change through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I am so grateful to have a front row seat to that miracle each and every day. 


Funnies: 
Only in Nebraska!

Sister Meik tried to tackle me the other night because I told her she would not succeed even if she tried. Well I was right, she highly underestimated my ability to climb furniture and leap long distances. I made it through unscathed. 

Also earlier today I was sharing the message of the Restoration with this guy in front of our house and in the middle of me asking him a question Sister Meik started to giggle. I quickly glanced at her, with a scowl on my face I'm sure, and then I started to giggle too. It is a pretty stormy day here in Kearney, and because of all the static electricity in the air, both Sister Meik's and my hair was standing straight up. ( I don't know anything about science...so I am not sure if I can attribute it to static electricity...but that made me sound intelligent so I am going with it! Haha) 


Spiritual Thought: 
Field is white....

I think as we try to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ throughout our lives, it is inevitable that the adversary will attack us at every chance he gets. I think one way he tries to reach us is by telling us that we aren't good enough, or throwing this lie of "perfection" in our faces. Telling us that we need to be better than we are, and that no matter how hard we try, if we make mistakes we simply are not good enough. I read this quote the other day and it is so simple, but so profound, and it opened my eyes to this lie of perfection that Satan was trying to tell me.

 "Remember that repentance is NOT the backup plan. Repentance is the plan of happiness for EVERY person." 

I am so guilty of forgetting that. Heavenly Father sent His Only Begotten Son to the earth so that we could repent. So that we could progress, change, and become more like Him. I am so grateful for a knowledge of Heavenly Father's Plan. I am grateful to know that I can change, that I can become better, that I can progress, but that I don't have to be perfect. 


I love you all and I hope you have a stellar week! 

xoxo, 
Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment