Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, June 19, 2017



Fisher's of Men!?!
Sabrina by the lake

Hey team! Today will be quick because I don't have a bunch of time! Mama & Daddy - I got my eyes all fixed and they got me some sweet new contacts that are soft lenses and they will be great for the next 7 months! Seriously I can see EVERYTHING! Haha I have been reading every single sign and Sister Meik is sorta sick of hearing me say "I CAN READ THAT!!!!" The contacts I used to wear require several appointments and just a lot of time, so I will get that all fixed when I get back :) But for now we are in good shape, so thank you thank you thank you for setting that appointment up and taking care of me! I paid the copay with my card, so if you have any questions just give Sister Gardner a call and she can contact me! But I feel like a grown up and everything is good! Wahoo!!! 
Sabrina with cool sunglasses
Miracles: 

We saw Kenna this week and she is doing so well, she came to us with some intense questions but we turned her to the Book of Mormon and to prayer and she really took hold of that. We also committed her to go to church with her questions and she said she would. She went to church on Sunday and called us after so excited and said, "so many things clicked today!" She was able to talk to the Branch President for a time and that was a HUGE blessing and she attended all 3 hours of church! I know that she was greatly blessed for doing so, and I know that Heavenly Father is eager and willing to answer her questions, just like He is eager and willing to answer all of our questions! So thank you for your prayers! She really is doing well!
Also this week we met 2 new investigators! Brad and James. They both live in Gibbon, NE which is like 25 minutes from us. And they are so prepared! Brad is in his 40's and has been divorced and has gone through quite a rough go. He moved to Gibbon to get away from the crowd and we met him sitting on his porch jamming on the guitar! James is in his 20's and he has been through even rougher things! He was adopted at age 12 and has been all over the country. He has no other place to live, so that's why he is in Gibbon. They are two totally different individuals with completely opposite backstories, but they both readily received Books of Mormon and were excited to learn more. It's cool to see how the gospel truly is for EVERYONE! 
Also STACEY IS GOING TO THE TEMPLE THIS WEEK!!!! WOOOOOOOO! And Sister Church gets to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYA!


Funnies: 
Sabrina in Omaha with some of her fav sister missionaries

So today we went to this lake with some other sisters and all of these people were out fishing. We started talking to one of them and he asked us if we were out fishing? Me, thinking I was clever quoting scripture said, "No, we are just fishing for men!" Hahahaha he looked at me so strange. And that is NOT what I meant. I am by no means out in Nebraska to get a boyfriend...but it's fine. I am sure Heavenly Father thought it was funny.  


Spiritual Thought: 

So this week I was thinking about all of the things I have tried to plan in my life. I feel like I had this plan since I was little about where I was gonna go to college and that plan sure changed. I feel like serving a mission was never really in my plan, but clearly that changed! And I also feel like I had this plan of how my mission was going to go, but that has also changed. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father's plan is better than mine, and that He knows better than I! I found this scripture in Proverbs that teaches this truth so simply. "A man's heart deviseth his way; but the Lord directeth his steps." (Proverbs 16:9) I am grateful to know that God has a plan and I am grateful I get to share that with others every day. 


I sure love you all and I hope you have a wild time on all of your adventures this week!!! 

xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment