Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Hi my name is....

 Sabrina and random Semi-pro football player?



Miracles: 

This week I had an incredible miracle with sweet Sister Banks on exchanges! We were out finding in this neighborhood and saw two cute little girls sitting out on a porch. We said hello and asked if we could speak to their mother. Their mom, Renee, was inside and at first was hesitant to let us in, but we promised her powerful blessings if she would listen to our message and she let us in!!! We ended up teaching her the Restoration and she loved it. The spirit was strong as we testified of the Book of Mormon and promised she would feel greater peace in her life if she followed the Savior. Renee and her two daughters (Bird and Blessen) ended up coming to church yesterday and they absolutely loved it! It was incredible to see how Heavenly Father put us in the perfect place at the perfect time, and gave us the words to say to pierce Renee's heart! 

Funnies: 

So this is a list of our current potential investigators: 
Demario
Cadilac
Diamond
Precious
Yam
Angel
Lona
Latoya
Shantielle
Latisha
Tamisha
Jimmy 

I LOVE LINCOLN 

Also this week we were teaching Renee and her semi-pro football playing friend walked in...so naturally I asked for a picture. Please enjoy the attached picture of me and my new friend Tony.


Spiritual thought: 

I think as members of Jesus Christ's church we sometimes get overwhelmed with all that we are asked to do. And it seems that during the hardest times of our lives we are asked to do more, give more, and be more. I know that there have been so many times on my mission where I have been overwhelmed and I have felt like I cannot do any more, my plate is too full, I cannot handle another task. I was reading Elder Palmer's talk from this last General Conference yesterday and this quote stood out to me with great force. 

" My dear brothers and sisters, now anytime you feel you are being asked to do something hard... think of the Lord beholding you, loving you, and inviting you to let it go and follow Him. And thank Him for loving you enough to invite you to do more." 

I know that the Savior only asks so much of us because He loves us. 
So if things seem difficult keep going. If you get tired of walking, run! 

I love you all and hope you have the best week! 

xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 


No comments:

Post a Comment