Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

And then there were THREE!

So... our dynamic duo is now a triple threat. Look out Chalco Hills, we comin' for you! 


Sister Bryson (more widely known as Lauren through the streets of Holladay, Utah) is now Sister Collins' and my new companion! Which means we are in a trio!! Haha and they are both brand new missionaries, so the greenie fire is burning real bright! They have so much energy and enthusiasm for the work, which makes it much more enjoyable as we tackle the frigid wasteland that is currently Omaha, Nebraska. Just wish us a lot of luck and send us a lot of prayers because we are going to need them! 

I don't have much time so I will be quick. 

Miracles: 

We finally set Kellie and Dave and Jazmyn for a date!!! They are preparing to be baptized on February 11th, but the no smoking thing is really hard. So please, please keep them in your prayers. We have a goal and we are going to get them there! Slowly but surely they are progressing and they will make it. 

So our investigator Junior Ehmes is set for the 4th of February, and my goodness, miracles upon miracles upon miracles! Heavenly Father knows he needs this now, and he's doing everything he can to help him get there. This week there was supposed to be this huge ice storm, so on Sunday all of the three wards that meet in our building were combined for sacrament meeting at 9. We didn't hear about it until late Saturday night so we were in a rush to try and notify everyone. Well Junior would not answer his phone or his door, so we were just heartbroken. He has worked so hard to set a date, and we knew that if he didn't come to church he couldn't be baptized the 4th. Well miracles are REAL. Sister Ehmes happened to check her email that Saturday night, which she never does, and she got an email from our Stake President telling everyone about the change. So just as we were about the get seated for sacrament meeting we saw Junior and Sister Ehmes walk in all dressed and showered and even with tithing slips in their hands! I COULD HARDLY BELIEVE IT. I am so grateful this work is his and not mine, his ways are so much greater than mine! 

Also this week we found a new investigator and her name is Anja and she is from Germany. She pulled into her driveway as we were knocking on another door and so naturally we ran up and talked to her. We got her a German Book of Mormon and she has already read like 3 chapters and she is praying about it. She even committed to come to church, and she hasn't been to church since she has been in America! She is so wonderful...and blunt. I love her. 

Funnies: 

So Sister Collins started driving this week, which means I get the passenger seat... If any of y'all know the person who designs Ford Fusions send me their address because I need to give them a piece of my mind! The passenger seat is at least 7 inches lower than the drivers and I cannot see over the dang dash board! But it's OK because I am intuitive and we have an old pillow we don't use. In a way it's kind of like a win-win because I get a really cushiony seat and I feel extra tall. 

Also, we got grounded because of this whole "ice storm Jupiter" mumbo jumbo and a member was very concerned that we might starve, so she gave us a bottle of cheese whiz. 


Spiritual thought: 

This week I was reading in Ether and there were two verses that really stuck out to me, and gave me a different perspective. That always happens! I love the scriptures. 

Ether 2:24-25 

"Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.
And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come." 

Christ is fully aware of every trial he sends our way, but he also has prepared and is preparing us to face them. He will not let us drown if we reach out to him, like the apostle Peter as he walked on water. He knows what is coming our way and if we turn to him we will be prepared, and we shall not fear. 

I love this gospel. I love being on a mission. I love all of you. 
Have the best week! 

xoxo, 
Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment