Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017


CAUTION: Toothpaste expires

First off, I love you all. I really do. Thank you for all of your support and your love and just who you are! I wouldn't be here without you and all y'all do!

Miracles:

Ok first off we had the most incredible lesson with Dave and Kellie about forgiveness and our Bishop came along. After we left Dave went into his room, knelt, and prayed for the man that caused him his brain injury, by name. It's like he is an entirely different person. Confusion and frustration are slowly being replaced with understanding, peace, and hope. We haven't set them for a date yet, but they are getting there!

Also this week we went to go see a potential investigator named Karl and his brother-in-law Tony answered the door. We asked if Karl was home and he said no, so we explained who we were and then told him to have Karl give us a call. Well the minute we walked off the porch I knew the conversation was not over, and I felt such guilt. We walked down the street, visited with another potential for a minute, then I felt the spirit practically pull me back up to Karl's doorstep. Satan's lies raced through my head telling me that this brother-in-law was going to be annoyed or angry, but before I knew it we were knocking on the door again. Heavenly Father truly prepared this man. We were able to teach him about the Restoration, give him a Book of Mormon, and invite him to be baptized! And he said yes!! He lives in another area, so we are going to give him as a referral. What a testimony to me that Heavenly Father truly is patient with us when we make mistakes, and if we listen He will prepare a way for us to improve and try again.

Also this week our new investigator named Ron came to church! We went over to his home last night to ask him what he thought about church and it was the most incredible discussion. I have no clue what I asked, but Ron began to bear this powerful testimony about how he felt a burden literally lifted off of his shoulders when he walked into the church building. He said he felt great peace, and he is starting to recognize that that feeling is from God. His wife, who is also investigating, was sitting on the couch with us and she could hardly believe what she was hearing. She could see that this experience had truly touched her husband's heart, and she knew that it had to be something special. We committed both of them to pray about the Book of Mormon that night and to come to church next Sunday, and they accepted. It's amazing how Heavenly Father blesses his children when they do what he has asked them to. Ron truly pleased Heavenly Father when he came to church, and he recognized that! Ahh missionary work is the best thing EVER.


Funnies:

I started brushing my teeth the other day with this new bottle of toothpaste that I found in the closet and it was the worst thing I have ever tasted. I spit it out and looked at the bottle then realized that it was expired. I didn't even know that was a thing!! So fair warning, toothpaste expires.


Spiritual thought:

This week has been full of a lot of ups and downs and a load of rejection, but there was a verse that I read in my personal study that kind of put it all into perspective. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints isn't the most popular thing in the world...and sometimes it's hard to face the evils and mockery of the world every single day. But we don't need to be worried or ashamed, because our lives are in greater hands.

"But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him (her), although he (she) shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him (her), for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil." - 3 Nephi 21:10

If we choose God, then so be it with the ways of the world! His ways are eternal, and our afflictions will be consecrated to us for our gain. He has promised to heal us, and to protect us, if we choose him. Our lives are in his hands. And that applies to all those who are faithful and serve him. I am so grateful for that eternal perspective, and even though it's hard to always live what we believe I know that it is worth it. Keep on keeping on!

xoxo,
Sister Bengtzen

No comments:

Post a Comment