Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Change is the only constant!
Sister Orton, Sister Collins, Sabrina, Sister Bryson 

This week has been unlike any other. To be honest it has been the hardest week of my mission. But that's ok. I am hanging in there. There's nothing I can't do without Christ. And he is carrying me through. I love the scripture D&C 88:6. It has given me so much comfort this week. "He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things..." No matter how low I feel, or how dark things seem, Christ has descended below it all, and he will lift me up.

Me and Sister Bryson taking a picture before we go e-mail cause we forgot to take pictures!

So there's been another change! Haha because that is the only constant. A sister in the mission had to go home this week, so there was a sister (Sister Orton) left without a companion. So long, long story short...Sister Bryson and I are here in Chalco Hills for about a week then Sister Collins and I will be here for a week then Sister Bryson and I, then Sister Collins and I. On alternating weeks they will be with the Sister Orton in her area so she has a companion and both areas can remain open! So it's confusing and unique and unorthodox but it works and it's an adventure!

New Missionary training group
But the good news is that we had an incredible miracle with an investigator couple we are teaching this week! Their names are Ron and Mary. They came to church and Mary was SO upset after. She wanted to know what people's testimonies and stories had to do with her and God. She was so contentious, but we simply bore testimony and the promise in D&C 100:5 came to pass. We were not confounded before her. We saw them last night after church and discerned that Mary wasn't even reading the Book of Mormon or praying. We committed her to do so and to give God her full effort to know the truth and to understand. At first she asked why? And in response we called upon the powers of heaven and asked her a question that certainly didn't come from us, but from the spirit. "What would have happened if Jesus Christ wouldn't have given his full effort?" She was silent. Absolutely silent. So together we read the first chapter and she knelt and prayed right there. Her prayer was so sincere and I know it was because the spirit was there. I am so grateful that we are not in this alone. The spirit is the real teacher and I recognize that more and more every day.

I gotta run but I love you all! Thanks for your prayers and your love.

 New Missionary training with President Gardner


xoxo,

Sister Bengtzen

P.S. So about my hair. I needed a haircut, but I was wearing my glasses, so the lady cutting my hair asked me to take them off so they wouldn't interfere. Well fun fact...I AM BLIND. Anyway, I was talking to her about the gospel, and wasn't paying very good attention to what she was doing, and I couldn't see, so she cut off like 7 inches. But that's ok! It grows back. And she accepted a Book of Mormon. So it was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment