Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Sunday, November 19, 2017


I Forgot The Subject Line

I have a question! Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated! WHY DO MISSIONS GO BY SO DANG FAST?? If you have any insights please let me know. :)

Miracles:

This week I was on exchanges with Sister Archibald and goodness gracious I LOVE HER! She is just herself, and when a missionary is herself she is that much more powerful! We saw so many miracles together, but I just want to share one really quick. We had just finished 3 or 4 hours of finding, and were walking back to our car, when I all the sudden felt prompted to knock on a door. One door, off the whole street, and it looked like not a soul was home! But I followed the prompting, and this sweet single mother named Jackline answered. She was speaking on the phone and seemed to be in the middle of an intense conversation. As she opened the door she looked at us, we smiled at her, and she quickly finished her conversation and hung up the phone. That NEVER happens. Usually people use any excuse they can not to talk to us! But this lady didn't. She immediately began to ask questions and they were incredible questions. She is from Sudan and has 5 children, 4 of which are over the age of 8! We shared the message of the Restoration with her and she readily accepted it and eagerly invited us to come back. She was so prepared! She is so prepared! I NEVER get tired of witnessing the miracles that come from following even just a simple prompting of the spirit.


Also this week we met a man named Hylton and taught him the Restoration on a bench while he was waiting for the bus. Well, I did not think he was very interested, but we got his number and followed up a couple of days later. Turns out he read a passage in the Book of Mormon and accepted an invitation to meet with us again! Last night we took him to the Trail Center and had an awesome lesson about the Savior and committed him to read and pray. Now he is a new investigator!

As for Robert and Kayla and Kim, we have hit some might road blocks. Neither of them came to church, and both of them are really being hit hard by the fiery darts of Satan, so just keep them in your prayers. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of them though. And I know that He will continue to soften their hearts, even if they aren't prepared to accept the Gospel and be baptized right now. Their time will come. And the Savior isn't going to give up on them, so neither are we!


Funnies:

I can't think of anything funny...
Sister Farmer made cookies today and they were gross, so she gave them to some Elders...
Haha that is kinda funny.
They ate them all.
Elders are so weird. 


Spiritual thought:

So Elder K. Brett Nattress of the Seventy came to tour our mission this week and we had a few awesome meetings with him. He taught all about the Savior, and I loved that! There is nothing more powerful to teach about, for He is the center of all we do, of all we teach, of who we are! Anyway, he asked us two simple questions, and I want to invite all of you to ponder upon them this week. And I would LOVE for you to share your answers with me, if you feel so prompted :)

When did you know that Jesus Christ was the living Son of the living God?
When did you know that you knew?

I love the words found in Hymn 136, and I echo the testimony which they bear, “I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives. He lives, he lives, who once was dead. He lives, my ever-living head. He lives to bless me with His love. He lives to plead for me above. He lives my hungry soul to feed. He lives to bless in time of need."


I love you all, and I hope that you have the most wonderful week!
Know that you are in my prayers!

xoxo,

Sister Bengtzen



No comments:

Post a Comment