Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Friday, November 24, 2017

What are you grateful for?

Sister Farmer and myself organized a big old game of volleyball this morning and it was a riot! We only broke one light and only one Sister got hit in the face! All in all it was a success :) 

Well, it's Thanksgiving yet again! And I LOVE Thanksgiving. And that is not just because we get to eat obscene amounts of potatoes, rolls, turkey, and pie...although that is a HUGE bonus....it's because I get to spend an entire day remembering all the incredible things Heavenly Father has blessed me with! And how special that is! 
I am grateful for the special spirit of gratitude that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings into my life. I have been studying a lot about remembering the past few weeks, and I think that is one of the most inspiring blessings of the Gospel, it helps me REMEMBER my Savior, my Father in Heaven, my family, my divine nature and destiny, and the things that matter most. I have been blessed with so many things, and my mission nears the top of that list. These last few months of my life have been a gift that I will never be able to thank my Heavenly Father for, but I will do my best every day to live the life He wants me to live. 

Miracles:

So this week our investigator Hylton came to church! Yeah! HE CAME TO CHURCH! Haha I am clearly not that excited...psych I am off the rocker excited! 
During the second hour of church he opened up to us about how on Tuesday (when we met him) he was praying that he could find more inspiration, guidance, and direction in his life. He told us that he felt like he was missing something, and that he knew God could help him find it. Well just moments after that prayer was uttered, Sister Archibald (the sister I was on exchanges with) and I came walking down the street and spoke to him as he was sitting at the bus stop! We were his answer to his prayer! 
He ended up really enjoying church and told us he wanted to come again. He had a bunch of really great questions about this life on earth, and Heavenly Father's plan for us, so we committed him to read 2 Nephi 2 and we are meeting with him on Saturday to teach him the Plan of Salvation. 
Heavenly Father works in such interesting and miraculous ways. I have been working to exercise my faith to see a big miracle, and I think I almost expected Heavenly Father to give me the exact miracle that I wanted, Robert and Kayla to be baptized and confirmed on December 2nd. That still could happen! I do not doubt it. But I am recognizing that maybe they are not the miracle right now! Maybe it is Hylton.
I am not sure what it will be, or who it will be with, but I know that a great miracle is about to take place in the Old Mill ward and I cannot wait to see it! 


As you can probably discern, Robert and Kayla and the rest of our investigators aren't doing too great, but we are trying to still help them along! We have some make it or break it lessons this week, so please pray for all of them! 

Funnies: 

So we saw Robert and Kayla at Robert's mom's house this week, and let me just tell you about that house...it is crazy! Like 6 people in and out all the time, tons of yelling, fried chicken cooking, and Robert's mom is hard of hearing, so she is always just talking to herself. Well we asked an inspired question about the Savior and as everyone got quiet Robert's mom just started going off about how she loved the Mormons. "They came across the sea in those funny clothes, and they did a lot of farming and met the Indians..." She said. I thought she was talking about the pioneers, so I started to encourage her dialogue, and then it all went south. "Yeah, they met them Indians and then they shared food, and that's how Thanksgiving came to be! The Mormons invented Thanksgiving!" HAHA! I about fell off the chair at this point. I wish we invented Thanksgiving...
All in all it was a rough lesson and the spirit was not very much present, but we sure tried!

Also this is an accurate description of our week and our companionship..haha! 


Spiritual Thought: 


One of the things I am most grateful for is the Book of Mormon, so I thought I would just share this little quote about the Book of Mormon with y'all this week. 

"When I think of the Book of Mormon I think of the word POWER. The truths of the Book of Mormon have the POWER to heal, comfort, restore, succor, strengthen, console, and cheer our souls." - President Nelson 

I testify that is true. I have felt the power of the Book of Mormon in my life every single day I have read it. I do not know everything, not even close, but I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that is enough. 



I love you all and I am SO GRATEFUL for you! 
Happy Thanksgiving!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment