Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, December 4, 2017

Endless exchanges! Who even is my companion??

So as you can probably guess from my caption...we have had a week full of exchanges! Which means a week FULL of miracles! It seems like Sister Farmer and I have not seen each other in like an entire week...but that is all part of the fun! She could probably use a break from my craziness anyway...
The coldest exchange ever!

Thanksgiving was wonderful! We spent it with our Bishop and his family and it felt like I was right at home! Everyone teased each other and told funny jokes and stories and we all ate way too much. It was a blast! But it was also a very humbling day. Our investigator Kim texted us Thanksgiving morning and told us that her best friend passed away. It wasn't unexpected, but still really difficult. We haven't had much contact with her since, so just keep her in your prayers. She sure needs them! How grateful I am to know that this life is not all there is!

Miracles:

I think my favorite miracle of the week was finding our new investigator Laura! Laura was a referral from her daughter who is a member in California. She asked us to go over and do some service a few months ago, but the timing and scheduling and weather just never worked out :( We went over this week just to check on her, and ended up teaching her a little bit of the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation. As we were teaching her she turned to us and said, "I need to pull out my Book of Mormon and start reading." My heart soared! I know that her daughter has been praying for her heart to be softened for years, and she truly is prepared! Her husband passed away 17 years ago in a car accident, and just a few years ago her daughter was able to go to the temple and do the work for him. As we were teaching her we testified boldly and powerfully that families really could be together forever, and the spirit was strong. I have no doubt that her husband is being taught in the spirit world, and I hope that he has or will accept the work that has been done! Laura is such an awesome lady, and she needs this gospel. She needs the peace the Savior brings! And He was there with us when we taught her. I love this work, and I love families. I am eternally grateful to know that mine is ETERNAL!

Also this week we were able to teach this lady named Geney! We raked her leaves a few weeks back and we went to go check in on her and ended up sharing the Restoration! She committed to read and pray and seemed so excited! I had the sweetest sister with me on exchanges and she really needed an uplift. Seeing Geney was an answer to her prayers and mine! She has a lot of spunk, and claims she ain't ever gonna stop smoking, but I think the spirit will help her change her mind. It is so cool to see how service softens people's hearts!

Exchanges
Funnies:

So there is this older couple in our ward, the Schroeders, and they are seriously hilarious. I am sure I have told y'all a story about them before, but honestly every time we go over something funny happens. Well yesterday we went over for scripture study and I was wearing this super cute shirt that Sister Farmer owns and I thought I was looking so good. Well I stood up to grab something and Bro. Schroeder looked at me and said, "That shirt makes you look pregnant!" Hahahahaha I was on exchanges with this cute Sister who is REALLY struggling and she about died of laughter. It ended up being a huge tender mercy! But man, I don't think I will borrow that shirt again!

Gingerbread festival at winter quarters

Spiritual thought: 
I read a talk from President Uchtdorf this week as I was preparing to teach Laura, and this quote just rang so true to my heart.
"The sublime message of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that God is our Father, that He cares about us, and that there is a way to return to Him.
God calls to you."
Heavenly Father truly calls to each of us every single day. I have heard that call and I am trying my best to heed it. I know that God loves me, I know that He loves all of His children. I do not know everything, but that is enough.
Have the best week! See you sooner than soon!

xoxo,
Sister Bengtzen

No comments:

Post a Comment