Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, December 4, 2017



REMEMBER HIM

[Insert comment about how fast time flies here] 

I don't have much time, I never seem to, haha, so here we go! MISSIONS GO BY WAYYYYYY TOO FAST!!! 
Sabrina and Sisters at Leadership training
Miracles:

Last night we were out trying a potential and as we were walking back to our car we saw a man getting into his truck, parked in his driveway. We quickly ran down his driveway and stopped him before he could get in. He readily told us that he wasn't religious and then Sister Farmer opened her mouth and just started to bear her testimony. This man looked at us, and almost instantly his heart softened, by the end of our quick conversation he gave us his phone number and was smiling. I think these miracles are often my favorite. It is so sweet to see how a simple testimony, from a simple 20 year old girl has the power to break down barriers and soften hearts. And it truly is because of the spirit! How grateful I am that we are not alone in this work, and that we have the guidance of God in all that we do! 

Lighting up the World
Right after we finished talking to this man in his driveway we chased down another man on the other side of the street. We started talking to him and he looked at me and said, "Hey, I know you. You smiled and waved at me the other day when you were walking. I knew instantly that you were a follower of Jesus Christ." How cool is that?? As we continued to talk he opened up and he is SO prepared for the gospel, and has the cutest little family. Sadly, he did not accept our invitation to learn more at that time, but he will. He did take a pamphlet and said he would go to the Trail Center to see the Gingerbread, so pray he does! His name is Matt. 

Finally, our investigator Hylton came to a baptism on Saturday and afterward we had a lesson in the chapel. The lesson quickly turned into a discussion about ideologies and philosopies and Sister Farmer and I quickly began to pray for guidance and direction. After a few minutes of desperation the thought came to invite him to kneel and pray RIGHT there and ask if the Book of Mormon was true. And he accepted. We knelt in the chapel and Hylton said a simple, humble prayer, and the entire lesson changed. We ended the meeting shortly after and the spirit still lingered as we walked to our car and drove away. Again I am so grateful that I am not alone in this work because I know that I could not do this by myself! 


There are probably 200 other miracles I could share, just from this last week, but my time is so short! So I promise, someday I will share the rest! 

Funnies: 
Bike Fail
Haha! So today our car got a nail in the tire and had to get fixed, so Sister Farmer and I had this great idea to ride bikes. We had a lunch appointment with a member and we thought for sure we could make it by 1:00 pm. We started biking at noon and quickly realized there was no way to get over the freeway! Haha we spent like 56 minutes biking in circles, up hills and down them, then getting lost, then my bike broke, then Sister Farmer almost fell off. It was just a mess! Haha but what a memory! We missed our appointment and skipped lunch, but I have killer calves to show for it! Psych. 
I am not a cyclist...
Sabrina and Karen 
Spiritual Thought: 

We were able to watch the Christmas Devotional last night and it was so wonderful! I hope you all got the chance to, and if you didn't I highly recommend you go watch it. Right NOW! Go, do it! You won't regret it. I promise. But as I was watching I was thinking about how the foundation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is remembering. Remembering the Savior. And that's what this life is all about. Truly REMEMBERING Him. I was reading in Mosiah 27 today about Alma the Younger's visit from the angel. The last thing the angel said to him was "remember". How powerful is that. The angel did not teach him anything new, he simply invited him to remember. That is exactly what we do as missionaries every day! We just invite people to REMEMBER! Remember who they are and where they came from and who they can be! 
I think the most prominent time we can remember is during the sacrament. What a sacred time that is, to just sit and REMEMBER your Savior. I want to invite all of you to prepare for the sacrament this week, and start today, because that truly is the most important time of our week. REMEMBER HIM. AND LIGHT THE WORLD!! 

I love y'all! 

xoxo, 
Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment