Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

The beginning of the end :(
Sabrina and Her new companion Sister Farmer
Hey y'all! So I have a new companion and her name is Sister Farmer and she is from KAMAS, UT! My second favorite city in the whole state!!! She played soccer for SLCC, so we get along well to say the least. She is the hardest worker, and the most diligent missionary, and I am so excited to be with her! 


Miracles: 

This week we saw Robert and Kayla with one of our members and he bore the most powerful testimony on faith and he actually set them on date to be baptized Dec 2nd! Robert responded so positively and ended up bearing his testimony to Kayla, which softened her heart and inspired her to agree to the date. So as of right now they are set to be married and baptized on December 2nd!! We still have to work out the details with the building and the schedule, but I am confident that if the Lord wills it so He will make it all work out! I am so grateful for members who are bold and loving, and who understand that missionary work is a team effort. I am so grateful to be on the Lord's team! At one point in the lesson Kayla looked at me and said "Miss Bengtzen, what are you thinking?" And as I sat pondering my thoughts just spewed out into words and I said, "Kayla, I am just trying to recognize what Heavenly Father wants me to say..." Phrases then filled my mouth and I was able to testify of eternal families and the spirit was there. Kayla's countenance changed and it was just a sweet, celestial moment. I am so grateful that I am not left on my own to do this work. I would truly be nothing without the spirit! 
Robert, Kayla, Lay'lah, and Jai'lah also came to church on Sunday and loved it, so they are doing well, just keep them in your prayers! 

Also this week we were able to see our investigator Kim and she told us that she has read all the way through 2 Nephi 5. How wonderful is that?? She has been reading and praying every day, and even teaching her nieces to pray as well. As we sat with her she began to talk and it was one of the coolest experiences. All we did was watch her have this incredible interaction with the Holy Ghost and at the end of it all she told us she wanted to be baptized! She completely allowed the spirit in, and we physically witnessed the Holy Ghost teaching her. Again, what would I do without the spirit?? I could not do a single thing!

And if those two miracle weren't a witness enough for me of the power of the Holy Ghost, we had yet another while we were going to dinner this weekend. We felt prompted to go to Smashburger and as we were ordering the cashier ended up telling us he was a less active member that had a desire to come back, to come home! He gave us all of his information, and the moment we finished our conversation 4 or 5 families flooded the restaurant and he was busy for the rest of our time there. The timing was perfect, because it was not our timing, it was God's! 

Sabrina taking out new missionaries
Funnies: 

Saturday night Sister Farmer and I were talking and the conversation somehow turned to daylight savings time. This is how the conversation went: 

"When even is daylight savings time?" - Sister B
"I have no idea..." - Sister F
"We should probably ask someone.." - Sister B
"Nah, we will figure it out." - Sister F

* 5:30 am the next morning 
"What the heck, why does our phone say 5:30am??" - Sister F
"It's probably busted.."- Sister B
*Both Sister B and Sister F look at each other 
"Oh crap, is daylight savings time today???" - Sister F
"I am going back to bed." - Sister B 

Hahaha we are SO out of the loop out here! But we got an extra hour of sleep and that was a pure gift! 

Sabrina saying goodbye to Sister Church and Sister Preator
Spiritual thought: 

So this week we were teaching Kim about faith and I was able to share one of my studies with her about the difference between faith and belief. Belief is like believing you have a great car that will drive you anywhere, but never getting in it to reach a destination. Faith is actually getting in the car, and driving! If we truly have faith in Jesus Chris then we act. Kim LOVED it and something clicked within her. She even used the analogy in one of our lessons later in the week to explain something else. It was so cool. It's incredible how simple the Gospel can be with the companionship of the Holy Ghost! So I urge all of you to exercise your faith this week. ACT! And look for the blessings that come. 

I LOVE YOU ALL! 


xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 


No comments:

Post a Comment