Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016


General Conference

Hey everyone! I don't have a ton of time today, so I will be quick. I hope you all enjoyed General Conference as much as I did...because MAN it was wonderful. We are so blessed. SO BLESSED. President Uchtdorf's talk on Saturday morning was one of my favorites and I was just amazed at the spiritual power that was manifest from the moment it began. We truly are living in the fullest of times, and we hold eternal and unchanging truths. What a gift and privilege we have been given, not only to have them, but to share them! There have been so many days where I have just been so overwhelmed with joy that I want to scream from every rooftop that the church is true and that God loves me and loves all of his children, and how grateful I am that I get to be out here in Nebraska proclaiming that very thing! Ahh missions...ahh life! Heavenly Father has such a plan. 

Miracles: 

So Sister Rook and I were able to watch the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference at our ward mission leader's home with an investigator, and it was an incredible experience. The spirit was strong, and the messages were bold, but I think it was absolutely perfect for Jake. As I sat there watching I noticed something out of the corner of my eye and as I turned I saw tears streaming down Jake's cheeks. It was a wonder to literally see the spirit work within him and it brought such peace to my heart! I know that the prophets and apostles are inspired not only to help us as members of the church, but to inspire, strengthen, guide, direct, and bless the entire world. I am so grateful I got to see that first hand! Jake totally loved it and we are going to see him later this week! He is preparing to be baptized on the 22nd, so keep him in your prayers! 

We were planning to watch the Sunday afternoon session with Kelly and Dave but things fell through, so that was kinda sad, BUT she told us that she had been watching the sessions on her own at home. She said she felt as if some of the speakers were speaking directly to her heart and then she asked us if that sounded silly. My heart almost leaped out of my chest! Heavens no that isn't silly, that is the spirit! It was such a miracle to see Heavenly Father speak directly to her and for her to recognize it. How incredible to see her understanding and knowledge of the spirit sink from her head to her heart. She is so prepared! And Dave is slowly coming around as well. They need the gospel so bad, so please keep praying. 

We taught this former Jehovah's witness this week as well. Her name is Maggie. She is the kindest lady I have ever known! She let us right into her house and she just loved the message. She has realized her life has been pretty void without God, and she wants that to change. We get to go back and see her on Friday, so I am looking forward to that! 

Funnies: 

The other night I convinced Sister Rook that I was a phenomenal cook and so she let me make dinner at home. Hahahahahaha it is probably something she will regret for the rest of her mission, and her life. I decided I was gonna go all iron chef because we had NO food and hardly any time, so I took everything I could find and mixed it all together. We ended up having pasta with  frozen vegetables mixed in, dino nuggets on top, and some weird sauce. I thought it tasted fine, but Sister Rook didn't exactly agree. She ate it though because she loves me and we literally had nothing else. Mama, I promise that when I get home I will take the time to help you make dinner because otherwise my future children will suffer. 


Spiritual Thought: 

Ahh I am out of time, but go back and listen to General Conference, because seriously it was so inspired! As I was listening to the talks the hymn "I Believe in Christ" began playing over and over again in my head. I know that it's a crazy world we are living in, and things are only going to get crazier, but I believe in Christ, so come what may. 


LOVE YOU LOVE YOU! 

xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen ​

No comments:

Post a Comment