Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

This just in: Tractor driver almost kills innocent cow

Alright y'all, you are never going to believe what happened. So we didn't get to email yesterday, obviously, and let me tell you why! Late Sunday night (long after Sister Rook and I had retired to bed) there was a man who was driving his tractor home to get it fixed. Because here in Nebraska tractors are everywhere. Well, he was driving on the normal street when all of the sudden there was a huge cow on the road. A COW! He didn't have very good headlights, so by the time he saw it he was way too close to slow down. He swerved in an attempt not to hit the poor animal, and ended up slamming right into an electricity pole. BOOM. The tractor was so heavy that it ended up knocking down 3 other power lines and the entire street lost electricity. That just so happened to be the street the library was on...haha so no power and no emailing! 

Just kidding. It was Columbus Day. Apparently that is a holiday and librarians are the only ones who celebrate it. 

This week was hard! I am not going to lie. But we still saw miracles and we still worked hard amongst all the tears and heartache. 


One miracle was that this less active member we are working with came to church! She has been going through some difficult challenges, especially the last few days, challenges that I can't even begin to describe in words, nor would I ever want to. Wellto the conclusion that going to church was the only way for her to find peace. She called us late Saturday night and asked if we could send someone over to give her a Priesthood blessing. She said that it gave her the strength and hope she needed, and that is why she came to church. It was the first time she has come in a VERY long time, and I know that Heavenly Father was so proud of her. People amaze me. And the Lord amazes me. Every single day. 

Another huge miracle this week was that we got to meet the husband of another less active we work with! His name is Richard and he is NOT a fan of missionaries or the church, and he is not a member. Well we offered to go do some service the other day and ended up raking leaves and building a deck with Richard. His heart was so softened as he saw our love and desire to help his wife Phyllis and we actually made a wonderful connection with him. He invited us to stay for dinner, and we did, and he invited us to say "grace" on the food, and we did! I am not sure what will come of it, but I am grateful that he is no longer resentful about the church. He has such a big heart and he is such a sweet man, and his cute wife needs all the support she can get! 

Kelly and Dave didn't attend church this week, and almost all of our other investigators dropped us. So we are in finding mode yet again! Haha we are always in finding mode...but that's the way it should be!

OH! You will not believe how kind people are here in Nebraska, like in all seriousness, no sarcasm. One of the members of our ward gave us the best gift I have ever received. 24 rolls of toilet paper. My eyes literally began to water with tears. Do you have any idea how expensive toilet paper can be?!?! Haha now instead of buying that this month we get chocolate milk powder and lucky charms! Ahh people are wonderful. 

On a spiritual note: 

I was reading in the Book of Mormon this morning and I came across Alma 48:15-16. It reads: "this was their faith, that...if they were faithful in keeping the commandments of God that he would prosper them in the land; yea, warn them to flee, or to prepare for war, according to their danger; and also that God would make it known unto them whither they should go to defend themselves against their enemies, and by so doing, the Lord would deliver them..." I thought about faith as I read this and what true faith really is. In this verse we learn that true faith is real trust. Trusting that if we keep the commandments God will direct us. He may direct us to flee, to get away from a bad situation or run from danger. He may direct us to prepare to fight, to stand up for what we believe, or face what is ahead with courage and strength. But above all we must trust that he will lead us to where we need to go, and remember that by doing so he will deliver us. All that we go through will be for our good, for our benefit. I am grateful for my faith, but more than that I am grateful that I daily have a chance to increase that faith, to grow and to learn. I am grateful that I can trust my Heavenly Father because I know that He is there, not just for me, but for all of His children. For all of you. Strive to have strengthen faith this week, and TRUST God. 

Love you all more than you will ever know! 

- Sister Bengtzen 





No comments:

Post a Comment