Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Wow this week has been a whirlwind, but it has been wonderful and I am so happy! I love this mission. I don't think I can put into words how much I love my mission. Words just don't do it justice.

Miracles:
Ok, so Kelly and Dave are just full of miracles. And y'all need to keep them in your prayers because they are so close! We went to see them this week, and we planned to just stop by quickly, because we were in the area and it was Kelly's birthday, but when we got inside that all changed! Dave sat us down and told us he attended a Lutheran church last Sunday, and he didn't feel the way he felt at the LDS church. He said he felt as if everything was scripted, and nothing was from the heart, and it made him confused. He told us that he is ready to take the lessons again and really decide if he wants to be baptized or not, because he knows that he has found God and that hearing from the missionaries and going to church helps his strengthen that relationship with God. It was incredible. Kelly had the biggest smile on her face and as I looked at her I was overcome with the realization of how much peace and relief she felt. Her eyes were full of gratitude and her countenance just shone. They had just ordered a pizza, and we didn't have a dinner, so they invited us to stay. We were able to read some of the Book of Mormon with them and they accepted the invitation to come to church. And they kept their commitment! Sunday morning rolled around and there they were, Books of Mormon in hand, all dressed up! The primary program was this week, and it could not have been more perfect. As the children testified so simply and profoundly the Holy Ghost was able to carry their message to the hearts of Kelly and Dave, and they were astonished. The joy on their faces was unmatched! And I could see their faith in Christ and his simple plan for them continuing to grow. We are meeting with them on Wednesday and they should be coming to the ward Trunk or Treat on Thursday!

Also Richard (Phyllis' husband) will be coming to the Trunk or Treat as well, so just pray that his heart will be soft.

We also had a less active islander family that we have been working with come to church on Sunday and they were so happy to be there. Plus the ward was thrilled to see them! So that was a wonderful miracle. The islander families here are so wonderful, their hearts are as big as the ocean, but they cannot seem to wake  up in time to come to church for the life of them! Haha but I know that I need to be patient with them, because sometimes it's hard for me to get  up and go to church too, and Heavenly Father is always patient with me.

Also we taught this crazy man named Don this week and he looked exactly like ZZTop. At first he was really not interested in hearing our message, but we started asking him about his family and his life and he softened up enough to let us share the Restoration. He used to be a roadie and toured with all these incredible bands, and I mentioned that he looked like ZZTop, so he proceeded to run into his house and get me this old Van Halen guitar pick because he sensed I appreciated good music if I knew who ZZTop was. I ABOUT DIED. So in return I gave him something much better, a copy of the Book of Mormon. He said he would read it and we plan to go back and see him this week. I pray that he will be able to feel the spirit and that he will recognize this as something he needs. He is such a kind man!  

Funnies:

This morning we drove past road kill and I said "Wow...that was a gutsy move." Hehehe I thought it was so funny. I am too funny.
















Sabrina, Sister Rook and brand new Sister Missionary 

Spiritual thought:

So like I said, this week was the primary program, and it was incredible. The children testified so simply, yet every word they said carried the spirit so strongly. I was amazed at how profound and true every little phrase was, and it reminded me of the Savior's continual council for us to become like little children. This gospel is so simple, and sometimes we make it so much more difficult than it is supposed to be. So this week I want to leave all of you with my simple testimony. I know that Jesus Christ LIVES. I know that He LOVES. And I know that He wants each of us to be happy and to be sealed to HIM, to our Heavenly Father, and to those we love for time and all eternity, and this gospel makes all of that possible.

ALL OF MY LOVE AND LOADS MORE!
- Sister Bengtzen  

No comments:

Post a Comment