Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, August 21, 2017

HAY there, Will the Rapper is back!

cannot believe it is already the last day of July! TIME IS FLYING! But how grateful I am for every single day I have been given to be one of the Lord's full time servants! My mission is something I will never be able to fully thank my Father in Heaven for, but I am sure He knows that. It is amazing to think of how much He loves me, and to be able to see first-hand how much He loves all of those around me. I know I probably talk about it a lot, but I think the greatest miracle I have seen this week is Heavenly Father's love and the effect it can have on hard hearts! 


Miracles: 

Will the Rapper is back at it again! We lost contact with him for a few weeks (and let me tell ya, that is a whole other story) but he reached out to us again this last week and incredible things have happened since then! On Thursday we received a text from him saying "I need Jesus." So we told him boldly that the Savior was willing to help Him, but that He needed to make serious changes in his life. We met with him and it was so powerful. I have never felt or seen Heavenly Father reach out so far to one of his children so lost, confused, and afraid. It's like Will is fighting this battle inside his heart and his head. He feels something, but he is afraid to change, to know the truth, and to become something better than he is. He doesn't know anything different than what he has grown up with, and he definitely didn't grow up knowing Heavenly Father. My heart just aches for him, watching this battle take place, but I know that it is for his good. I wish he could see the angles in front of him, behind him, and round about him, that are fighting for his glory! But then again I wish all of us could see that. He read Mosiah 27 and has a desire to keep reading the Book of Mormon, so that in and of itself is a miracle. He has a long road, but I KNOW that if he chooses to take it, he will change generations. Please pray for him! 

Also, Renee had a rough week and her baptism has been postponed. We are working with her to overcome some concerns and challenges, but I know Heavenly Father has a plan for her and her sweet daughters and we are not going to give up. We don't give up on anyone because Christ never gives up on us! 

Also we had a cool little miracle with a recent convert/less active family this week! The couple had been living together for quite some time without being married, so we committed them to be married! We read the "Proclamation to the Family" with them and it was so cool to see their hearts change. I know that they have been wanting to get married, and that money has been a big issue, but I do believe that reading the proclamation in faith increased their urgency!  And the miracle of it all is that they got married! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! So please enjoy the attached pictures of Brother and Sister Gray :) 
Sabrina, Sister Nueberger and the Gray family

Funnies: 

Ok, so while we were in our lesson with Will it was SO intense and the spirit was working so hard on him. Sister Neuberger was testifying and mid testimony she looked at Will's feet, then back at him, then back at his feet and paused. Then, with the most serious and intent look on her face she said, "Will, you are wearing Nike's, just do it." Everyone was silent and the spirit was strong. Then all of the sudden will busted up laughing and said, "That was SO lame." Hahahahahahaha I about fell off my chair. I thought it was pretty good! And I think the spirit guided the joke, so Will is lame! 

Standing in a corn field

Sandal tan1

Spiritual thought: 

I read this incredible talk in my studies this morning and it is found in the July 2017 Ensign. It was written by Elder Robert C. Gay and it is entitled "Put the Savior First".  There was this quote in it that I love, and just in case you have not realized by now, I am a quote-aholic! I love them! And I think quotes are often a way Heavenly Father reaches out and teaches me. I digress... Elder Gay said:

"The Lord...expects more of us than words. He expects our personal ministry despite discomfort or personal rejection. He expects us to go into the highways and the byways of people's lives and bring them to the Sacred Grove and to Gethsemane and Calvary." 

I think that has been a theme in my mission lately...the work of discipleship is so much more than teaching or testifying, it is doing and becoming! Just as Elder Gay said we are asked to bring people to the Sacred Grove, to Gethsemane, and Calvary, but how can we do that if we have not been there ourselves? Simply put, we cannot! So not only does it require us reaching out to others, but it requires us reaching out to God. I think about Will and I know that he needs to experience Gethsemane and Calvary this week, and I hope that Sister Neuberger and I, and those we bring with us will have the ability to take him there, through Jesus Christ. 

I love this work and I testify that it is true and it is real! 

I love you all, to the moon and stars, and sun and back! 

xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment