Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, August 21, 2017

"We have some killer jams!"

Time is flying...sometimes I wish I could just push pause. These memories, these experiences, they are all going by WAY too fast. But how grateful I am to be in the service of my King. I would not give this mission up for the world. 


Miracles: 

Sabrina, Sister Nueberger and Will the Rapper.

So we were able to take Will the Rapper to the Trail Center this week and it was absolutely incredible. Sis. Neuberger gave him a FANTASTIC tour and let me tell you, I am so blessed to have a companion that served there for so long! The tour really was awesome, but the part that really struck Will was walking around the cemetery and the temple grounds after we finished. We asked him how he felt in the TC and he said the moment he walked in he felt at ease, like he could let his guard down, even if only for a moment. We helped him to recognize that those were the feelings of the spirit and he was just overcome with joy. As we were walking through the grounds he asked if he could touch the temple. We said "Of course!" and walked over to the golden doors. It was the most interesting thing to watch Will struggle to touch the temple. He would hover over the handle, just centimeters from touching it, then sharply turn and walk away. Then he would flip around, square up his shoulders, walk back to the door, and do the same thing. While this internal wrestle was occurring the most peculiar and miraculous thing happened. The temple President walked out of the doors! He looked at us, then at Will, and with a smile on his face he put out his hand and said.."Hi, I'm Don." I thought Will's eyes might just pop out of his head! He shook his hand and they spoke briefly, then the President left and walked to his car and Will continued to stare longingly at the temple doors. The President came back and again looked at Will for some time and said, "You know, I think Heavenly Father would want you to touch it," then with those words the President opened the door and walked inside. Will sat there for about a minute, but it seemed like 10, then very slowly he walked to the temple doors, lifted his hand, and brushed the surface with his fingertips. The moment his hand met the gold the spirit flooded the entire scene. And Sister Neuberger and I were without words. I have never seen anyone recognize so readily the sacredness of the temple. I have never seen anyone treat the house of the Lord in that way, and it was humbling. There are moments you will never forget, and then there are moments you will ALWAYS remember. That was a moment I will ALWAYS remember. 


Also this week we were able to have an incredible church tour with our RS President and our investigator Gloria. Gloria said she simply felt at home at the church and she felt like she needed to come and see what it was all about. Our RS President invited her to come to church and it was so powerful! And SHE CAME! And SHE LOVED IT! We are going to see her again tomorrow, so please keep Gloria and her grandson Jojo in your prayers. 

Also just last night we were walking to our car and our path collided with this kid named Lucas. We began to teach him the Restoration and ended up walking about a mile with him. As we neared his house he stopped and turned to us and said.."I think I need to read this book." We hadn't even invited him to take a copy of the Book of Mormon yet! He was so eager and seemed so hungry for truth. We are going to see him next week, and I have high hopes for him! So pray for him too.


Funnies: 

Ok, let me just set the scene for you. Sister Bengtzen and Amelia (our 19 year old member) in the front seat of Amelia's bright red Dodge Charger... Will the Rapper and Sister Neuberger sitting in the backseat, seatbelts on. 

Will: "Yo, can we turn on some tunes?" 
Me: "Yeah, absolutely! We have some killer jams!" *Turns up the volume and EFY Music begins to blast from the speakers.
Sister Neuberger: "Ahh I love this song!!"
Me: "Oh, I know! This is such a good one!" *Sister missionaries and Amelia begin to sing along
Will: "You have got to be joking me..." 

And that is how we rolled to Omaha and back! An hour and a half round trip! 


Spiritual Thought: 


In my studies today I came upon this scripture in Hebrews 7:19 "For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did..." I was thinking about this verse and I was thinking about what it meant by a better hope and a the Living Christ came into my mind. In the last paragraph it talks about how Jesus Christ is the hope of the world, and so I rephrased this scripture in my mind. "For the law made nothing perfect, but Jesus Christ did..." I have a testimony that Jesus Christ is our better hope and through Him the situations and circumstances we face, and someday our own lives, will be made perfect in Him. In D&C 25:10 we are directed to lay aside the things of this world and seek for things of a better. In other words we are commanded to lay aside the things of this world and seek for Jesus Christ. I challenge all of you to seek for Jesus Christ in all that you do. And I know that if ye seek, ye shall find. 

I love you and think of you often. Have a wonderful week! 

xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 


No comments:

Post a Comment