Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, August 21, 2017

These are days NEVER to be forgotten

Sabrina throwing up the U! at Corn Husker's stadium
A mission is just one big roller coaster...and this week was sure proof of that. The lowest of lows, but also the highest of highs! Anyway, I don't have much time, but I do want to share some of the experience our mission had with President Nelson! The President Nelson! He came to visit our mission on Saturday and it was a GLORIOUS day! So I pray the spirit will guide my little fingers to type quick and to say all the things I want so badly to say! But if this doesn't make any sense, just be patient with me, and know that it was incredible!! 
 Sister Smith's last Day!


Ok, so first off, our mission has been memorizing "The Living Christ" for the past month or so in preparation for President Nelson to come. On Saturday morning all 200 missionaries throughout the whole mission drove into Omaha and gathered together in the Papillion Stake Center to hear his words. One of the members in Omaha offered to take a professional picture of all of us with President and Sister Nelson, so we all lined up in the gym on risers and on chairs and waited eagerly for the Nelsons to arrive. When they walked in we began to recite "The Living Christ" and the spirit was powerful. The moment I say President Nelson I was overcome with emotion so strong my words ceased and my eyes began to overflow. It was as if the Savior himself stepped foot into that room. I was overwhelmed and reassured that Jesus Christ knows me and He loves me, but I was astounded by the reality that I knew Him. I recognized Him. I felt Him. I don't even think there are words to describe how I felt, but it was some mixture of peace, respect, comfort, love, dignity, and gratitude. And it was real! I pray I never forget that moment. As we finished reciting "The Living Christ" the entire room was silent. President Nelson looked at all of us, and with his wife's arm in his he said, "What a perfect gift." We quickly proceeded to take a picture and moments later I was standing face to face with the President of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. I shook his mighty, yet gentle hand and as I looked into his eyes I saw the Savior in him and I felt worthy, I felt clean, and I felt loved. Those few moments seemed to last for an eternity, and I pray that the memory really will. 

Sabrina and Sister Nueberger 

During the meeting Elder and Sister Carpenter addressed us, Elder and Sister Anderson addressed us, and President and Sister Nelson addressed us. It was the fastest 3 hours of my whole life! And before I knew it we were singing the closing song! And then he was gone. I think what stuck out most to me from the entire meeting was that President Nelson is not perfect, neither is his wife. None of those authorities are! But they are still powerful servants, trying their best, and dedicating their lives to living what the Savior taught and still teaches. President and Sister Nelson were hilarious! They were telling jokes like it was their job and it just cracked me up. I have such a testimony that he is called of God. I know that he holds the priesthood authority and I sustain him and the other leaders of the church as well. What an incredible time we live in! 

There's this quote from Oliver Cowdery at the end of Joseph Smith History and I feel like it just encompasses the feelings of my heart, better than anything else does.... "These [are] days never to be forgotten--to sit under the sound of a voice dictated by the inspiration of heaven..." These really are days that I will never forget. Missions are so special, so sacred and such a gift! I would not give this up for anything!! 

I love you all and I pray that you have a wonderful week filled with miracles, service, and LOVE from ABOVE! 

xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 

P.S. When we leave our apartment every morning we take the elevator because it is the easiest way to get to the basement car garage...well this morning Sister Neuberger walked up to the elevator and knocked on it and waited for someone to answer. Hahahahaha then she looked at me and was like "Oh! Shoot! It's an elevator!" I guess you know you are a real life missionary when that happens...#missionarylife #you'vemadeit 

P.P.S. Apparently there is a solar eclipse today....I wonder why nobody has been talking about it? I mean you think it would be a big deal or something? Let's just pray that nobody fries their eyeballs out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment