Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Monday, August 21, 2017

Let the Book of Mormon speak for itself!

It's Monday yet again! I think weeks have gotten shorter in the last month. If somebody told me that weeks are now 4 days instead of 7 I would not even have trouble believing it. My calendar is a liar! Anyway, Lincoln is just about as crazy as ever! And Sister Neub and I are having a blast. 
Sister's 
Miracles: 

So this week we had another lesson with Will and it was an INCREDIBLE miracle! We had an awesome training at our last leadership council about letting the Book of Mormon speak for itself, so that is what we did! Each of us prayed individually and then we individually flipped open to a random page of the Book of Mormon and read. We gave Will a highlighter and after about 10 minutes he looked up at us with wide eyes and said, "Did you plan this??? Did you plan the chapter I was going to read???" We told him we weren't quite sure how that would have been possible, haha and assured him that we did not. He looked down at his page, then back at us, and then back at his page and simply said: "interesting...." We all then shared what we read and when we got to Will Sister Neub and I were eager to hear what he had to say. He read Ether 15, which is like the most random chapter, but verse 19 just pierced his heart. It talked about how the spirit ceased to strive with the Jaredites and Satan had great power over their hearts. He told us that he knew that Heavenly Father was talking about him. Satan has great power over his heart and he needs to change. It was the coolest thing because we have been telling Will that for weeks, but he finally felt it for himself! And that was 1000000000x more powerful. 

Also this week we found the most incredible new investigator on exchanges! I was out finding with Sister Church (and can I just say that was a whole other miracle in and of itself, I LOVE THAT GIRL!) and we were trying a former in a trailer park. While we were walking back to our car we saw this woman outside grilling so we walked up to her. As we were walking towards her she looked at us kindof funny and then asked us if we wanted some of her meat. Haha that was such a strange question, but she was cooking BBQ chicken and man it looked SO good, and I am a sucker for some good BBQ chicken. But still we said no, and told her that we were the sister missionaries in the area! We ended up talking to her for about 20 minutes and the spirit was so strong. She is a JW and she ended up opening up to us about some of the things that are going on in her life right now. We shared a scripture with her and all of the sudden she was in tears. She asked us to come back and she told us that she clearly wasn't in the right religion if we were at her door. How incredible it was to see someone with so much faith, so quick! She felt the spirit and she recognized it and trusted in it! Her name is Katievia and I think she has a family, so pray for her! 


Funnies: 
Sabrina and Sister Church on exchanges

This week someone asked me if I was 22!!!! I looked at them for a solid 30 seconds and I think a tear rolled down my cheek. The rest of the conversation didn't go so well, but still! Things are looking up! 


Spiritual thought: 

I think sometimes we all make the gospel too complicated, and I know sometimes I look back at my day and I think about all of the things that I could've done better. But I feel like this quote from President Eyring simply puts it all into perspective. "All He asks of you is to give your best effort and your WHOLE heart." So in the words of Sister Neuberger, "Be like Nike and just do it!"


I LOVE YOU ALL! 

xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 


No comments:

Post a Comment