Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017


It's fall y'all!

Hello hello! Fall has finally arrived here in the good ole NE and I am so excited! I finally got to pull out my sweaters. WOO HOO! It was 60 degrees today and after about 5 minutes outside Sister Preator decided it was now Winter...haha Texas girls...what are you gonna do?? I sure love her though...so I guess I will keep her around. 

Sunday timed picture!
So I'll be quick, but what a week of miracles! 

Miracles:

First off, we had this incredible lesson at the Trail Center with this lady we had never met before. She was a referral from some sisters who gave her a tour at the TC almost a year ago! We felt prompted to follow up with her and now she is an investigator! Her name is Kim and Mama you would LOVE her! She just reminds me of you :) She has been through more than anyone I know, and she is still going through it all, but she has great faith and just keeps swimming. Anyway, the lesson was AMAZING and the spirit so strong, and then we walked her out to her car... It turns out someone broke into her car and stole her purse and everything in it while we were in having our lesson. Of all the cars in the parking lot it just had to be hers!! She fell apart right there in the parking lot then got up and drove off without saying anything else. It was horrible. We ended up going to see her yesterday and to be honest, we didn't have much hope, but we actually saw her and had a lesson! We talked to her about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how He understands all that she is going through. We also testified of the light that comes into our lives when we read the Book of Mormon and how it truly testifies of Jesus Christ. She committed herself to read it that night and committed to come to church next week and to meet with us on Tuesday. So all in all it was a roller coaster of a week with her, but things are going well now! She has A LOT of drama in her life, so keep her in your prayers. 
Sabrina and Sister Mecham on splits in the rain!

Also Robert and Kayla and Layla and Jayla all came to church on Sunday and stayed all 3 hours. They absolutely LOVED it and cannot wait to start coming every Sunday! The ward swallowed them up and so far they are going to dinner at a member's home with us tomorrow, having FHE with a family next Monday, and Layla and Jayla are preparing to be in the Primary Program coming up! Robert even got up and bore his testimony and said he is "here to stay!" The spirit was so strong as he spoke and everything that came out of his mouth was straight from his heart. It was just a miracle! Seeing him up there made me so happy, and I thought about how happy parents must be when they see their children learn about the gospel and gain a testimony for themselves. What a joy that must be! And then I thought about how Heavenly Father joys in us when we come to recognize what is true for ourselves. He must love being a Father! Anyway, we had to push Robert and Kayla's wedding and baptism date back to the 11h of November :( but they are still progressing so well toward it! We taught the WOW this week and they accepted it no problem. What a miracle! Tithing is this week, so continue to pray for them! 
Sunday Selfie
Funnies: 

We went to see one of our members in the hospital this week and as we were leaving she grabbed each of us by the hand and said, "I just want you to go home and find the love of your life, and send me a wedding invitation...that is all I want in life." Haha and she was being so serious! Sometimes I wonder if she is Betty White...if not I am sure she is her long lost twin! 

Spiritual thought: 

I just have a quick quote to share with y'all this week and it's a short one. 
"Love is what you go through together." - James Thurber
If I have learned one thing on my mission, it is that the Savior has perfect love for ALL of us, and I know that is because He has been through everything we have WITH us. I love my Savior. I love His work. I love His gospel. And I know He truly lives. 

I love you all and I hope this week is the best one yet!

xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 

No comments:

Post a Comment