Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is REAL!

Sabrina, Sister Nuemberger and new friends

I think all of us have moments in our lives when the gospel becomes real. Sometimes it is a combination of small moments that eventually open our eyes to this all encompassing eternal truth, and sometimes it's a big event that seems to tear us away from the world just long enough to recognize how thin the veil really is. I have been blessed on my mission to have both of these experiences, and I feel like this week that statement has especially rung true. THE GOSPEL IS REAL and JESUS CHRIST LIVES. 

I just want to share a couple of quick experiences and then I will get on my way! 

First off, we have this investigator named Ameerah and she is 16. Sister Neuberger found her a few weeks ago, but she has kindof fallen of the map since then. Well, this week Sister Neuberger stopped by her home on exchanges and she was actually there! She set up a return appointment and we ended up going to see her with our recent convert Cheyenne, who attends the same high school. As we began our lesson we talked about how the gospel has blessed our lives and then asked our recent convert Cheyenne to bear her testimony. The moment she opened her mouth it felt as if the entire world around us stopped spinning. Her testimony was so simple, but the spirit that accompanied it was Celestial. And it all started with, "The moment I started learning about the church I fell in love." How incredible is that?! Our sweet investigator began to cry and we ended up committing her to be baptized just moments later. It was the most surreal yet REAL experience and I was so grateful to be able to witness these two young girls feel the reality of Jesus Christ and His teachings. This work never ceases to fill my heart and soul! 
Sabrina and companions with investigator Gloria
Another experience we had this week has to do with a man by the name of David. We went to visit Georgina at the AA House, but she was not home, so we started to speak with a potential we have there that's name is David. He told us about some of the things he has been through in his life and how the adversary has attacked him recently. As we began to testify he asked us if we could sit and stay for a moment. We of course accepted the invitation and ended up having an incredible lesson with him! He talked about how he has never felt worthy of God's love, and has always been afraid of his wrath! It was the most liberating experience to be able to "burst his fetters" and tell him that Heavenly Father is a loving God! He truly is our Father! As we shared this truth David's countenance changed and he smiled. And smiled and smiled! It was as if a weight as big as a semi truck had been lifted off of his chest. We committed him to read the Book of Mormon and pray and he said he would. 
Go Big RED

On a funny note, just yesterday we met this man from South Sudan and he told us he was a professional soccer player on Real Madrid. I think he was lying, but I got a picture with him just in case! He told me I was courageous like a lion and we are going back to teach him the Restoration tonight, so wish us luck! His name is Thomas. I will attach the picture! 
Sushi

I just want all of you to know that I know that Jesus Christ lives. My mission is to testify of him and declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. (3 Nephi 5:13) I know that He is the way, that He loves us, that He is with us. I know that life can be difficult, but the veil truly is thin, and this is all for a greater purpose. We can do ALL things through our Savior, Jesus Christ! I testify this is His work and His church, and I say these things in His name. Amen.

Xoxo, 

Sister Bengtzen 


No comments:

Post a Comment