Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Put Christ FIRST!
Missions are the most incredible thing, but man they fly by so fast! SO FAST! I cannot believe it is the middle of October...and I cannot believe it is Monday again! But alas here we are....

Miracles:

This week was another incredible week! We worked SO hard and saw a lot of miracles. It's so cool to be able to see investigators PROGRESS! I think those are the greatest kinds of miracles on a mission.

So updates...

We saw Kim on Saturday and had the most incredible lesson with her. Walking in we had no clue what we were going to teach, so we plead for the spirit to be with us, and then sat in her living room and began to talk for a bit. All of the sudden she started asking all of these questions about what happens after we die and what life was like before we came to earth and yada yada yada. Sister Preator and I both looked at each other then looked at Kim and then started teaching the Plan of Salvation as if on cue! It was the most powerful Plan of Salvation I have ever taught on my mission, and I don't think I realized why it was until towards the end of the lesson. As we began to teach about the spirit world Kim opened up to us about how two of her sisters have passed away from cancer. As soon as she said that I felt their presence and realized that they were there with us! I was wondering why this little room felt so full. We have been praying as a mission and as a companionship to find people whose ancestors are prepared to hear the Gospel, and I have no doubt that Kim is an answer to that prayer. I know her sisters are waiting, and I pray that she will have the courage to step forward and follow the Savior's voice. I love her so much. So, so much. I am so grateful that even though we did not know what she needed when we first walked in, Heavenly Father did, and the spirit directed us to say what needed to be said.
Sadly, she didn't come to church on Sunday :( But she will come around! I have faith!

As for Robert and Kayla we had an AWESOME lesson with them about following the prophet at one of our members homes this week. Our member invited them over for dinner and we were able to come along with! Free food and the spirit...what could be better?? Nothing! It was a special night. We watched this video about Joseph Smith and committed Robert and Kayla to pray to know if he was a prophet. Robert looked at us and said, "Well I already know he was. I know he was. But I will keep praying!"
AHH I love him!! He has such a sincere heart and desire to learn.
Sadly, they didn't come to church either, which was a bummer. We aren't sure exactly what has been going on the past two days, but something is fishy, so keep them in your prayers! The adversary works hardest on those who have the most potential for Eternal Happiness!

 Also this week we found the most incredible new investigators. They are a family from Sudan and the parents names' are Christina and Sam. We taught them the Restoration and they both had the most incredible reaction to the first vision. I have never seen two people more visibly affected! Christina cried and Sam would not stop smiling for anything. It was so sweet. It is so incredible to know that there are good people out there, who desire to come closer to Jesus Christ, and who are open to feeling the spirit. I love this work!!!


Funnies:

This week we had a yellow jacket in our apartment so naturally Sister Preator caught it in a cup and let it loose on our balcony. Her grand idea was to open the screen door, vigorously shake the cup, and then shut it real fast. Well in part she succeeded, the bee flew out quickly, but then she got nervous and THREW THE CUP! She just chucked it! And it busted into pieces. Hahaha I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I took a picture to document it, so enjoy the attachment!


Spiritual thought:

I was pondering upon Lehi's vision of the tree of life the other day and the most interesting thought came to me. When you read 1 Ne. 8 Lehi describes what he sees and how he sees it...I never realized that the first thing he saw was the tree, and then the surroundings. I think this says so much about the way Lehi lived his life. He saw Christ first. One of my favorite scriptures is D&C 6:36. The Savior pleads with us to "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." I think that is one of the most difficult things to do, to put the Savior first, especially in our thoughts. I believe that is a life long pursuit, but every day we can be better. So I urge each of you to try and put Christ first this week in your thoughts. When things get frustrating, difficult, or dreary, look to Him. He truly is the light of the world and I promise if you are seeking Him you will have nothing to doubt and no need to fear.

I love y'all!
Have the greatest week yet!

xoxo,

Sister Bengtzen


No comments:

Post a Comment