Blessed to be sharing the Gospel with the people of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, a wonderful family and amazing friends.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The miracles of General Conference!
What a weekend! I love General Conference. What a blessing it is to sit and listen to the words of the Savior from His living prophets and apostles.

The miracle I wanted to share this week has everything to do with General Conference because when it comes, who doesn't see miracles?? Our investigators Robert and Kayla and of course their daughters Jayla and Layla were able to come watch the Sunday Morning session of General Conference with us at one of our member's homes. They rolled up all dressed in their church clothes with Books of Mormon in hand. My heart just sang! The spirit was so strong as we entered our members' home and prepared to be taught. During the session Robert and Kayla sat on the couch intently listening, hand in hand. At one point Robert even jumped up and placed his phone right next to the TV so he could record one of the talks! (We later explained that he could get all of them online in just a few short days...haha) But it was just so sweet to see a family so excited to learn from prophets and apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ for the first time. Robert and Kayla are just GOOD people. And as the scriptures teach, "There are none that doeth good except those who are ready to receive the fullness of my gospel..." (D&C 35:12) So please just keep them in your prayers so that they can truly receive the fullness of the Gospel on October 28th!
Sabrina and Sister Preator with Whitney before she moved to Georgia.
As far as our other investigators go...we have three that are progressing very well!
One is a mother of 3 who is expecting her 4th very soon, and she is incredible! Her name is Trina and she is just eager to learn. She has read the Book of Mormon every day this week and we are going to set her for baptism when we see her on Thursday! She just wants to do what Heavenly Father wants her to do, and she has the most real intent of anyone I have met!
Our other progressing investigators are Jennifer and her mom Kathy. That is another miracle. Sisters have been teaching Jennifer for a while, and she knows it is true, she has just had a hard time overcoming her Catholic roots! We have been praying for her mother Kathy to join our lessons in hopes that it might help Jennifer and this week she did! Jennifer is probably in her 30's and Kathy in her 60's. But they are an awesome family! We are doing a scripture study with them tonight at a member's home, so we are so excited for that! They will hopefully be set for baptism after this week too.
Dress up?
Food coma?
Funnies:

Sister Preator wanted to experiment with my makeup and she got a little carried away...so please enjoy the attached pictures. Also just to redeem myself from my last email about DQ I am attaching a picture of this fancy salad we made this week. WOO HOO! (I strategically hid the hunk of raw cookie dough, so you could not see it in the picture...)


Spiritual thought:

I have been pondering on General Conference this morning and again, I cannot truly express how grateful I am for it. Something I noticed in particular this session was the focus on the Family Proclamation, and how important the family truly is! I have a horrible memory, and I forgot my notes, but my favorite quote was "Salvation is a personal matter, Exaltation is a family matter." I have been mulling that over in my mind again and again and my heart is so full. I have been taken back to a training Sister Gardner gave us a few weeks ago and something she said has rung clear in my heart. "I can testify that we do better together." These last few weeks have been hard on my family. But how grateful I am that we are in this together, that we are a family. I can too testify alongside Sister Gardner that we do better together. I love my family. Heaven would not be heaven without them! And I am grateful that my Loving Heavenly Father has placed families at the center of His eternal plan. I love this gospel. I love this work. I love my Savior.

Talk to you soon!

xoxo,
Sister Bengtzen

No comments:

Post a Comment